Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-03-2010, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Yard signs?

Does anyone use yard signs for advertisement? What is the general consensus on these things. I can understand the negative view if you are a large operation, but for the sole operator, it seems o.k. I am particularly interested in people's success using them in their first season.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i have had pretty decent success with mine. they have definitly made there money!

i just posted a thread in the picture forum , showin off my new yard signs!

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 03-03-2010, 05:17 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilhayden View Post
Does anyone use yard signs for advertisement? What is the general consensus on these things. I can understand the negative view if you are a large operation, but for the sole operator, it seems o.k. I am particularly interested in people's success using them in their first season.
Im curious as well... I know that if I see company b's sign in someone lawn in "MY" service area (meaing I dont purpusly go looking for them) and I have a lower service cost (or not even a lower one but I add an extra service to the one company b offerd for the same price. Guess whos got a new customer? ...at least thats what I have in my mind and whats holding me from puting out signs in front lawns...BUT I do but Large Metal Signs on my commercial lots saying that this property is maintaind by such and such, then you can put something on the sign as well that states if property becomes unsightly between servicing please call 999-999-9999. Theres not alot of ppl in the commercial business that over price their services...theyve been around long enough to know what to charge to NEVER lose that client. At least thats how I bid. I know what I need once that requirments met I bid to never lose that client.