Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM
LawnSite Member

PM me if you have any other questions about it.

SEMPER FI
Old 03-04-2010, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The guys on PS can be kind of harsh. Most new members there ask one question and never come back, lol. Personally I'd skip the quad unless you have stuff right in your neighborhood you can service with it. You're not gonna want to be loading it onto your truck in the snow and hauling a trailer is a pain in the snow. Most guys just get a little single state Toro to throw in the back..I've got a Honda and it's a good machine but wish I'd bought the Toro. The honda has manual discharge chute and the handle is in the way when doing garage fronts. I've gotten a lot of my lawn care customers through the plowing end of the business.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the advice guys appreciate it! Test drove a bright red longbed yesterday and pulling the trigger Monday if I can come up with tax money....for sure going to be getting a snowblower, maybe wait on the 4 wheeler another year. My shop is right next to my neighborhood and about 20 others so I might look into getting a 4 wheeler and just having that head out straight to the neighborhoods next year. We'll see. Look for pics of the new(er) cummins soon!!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

i have an F350 crew cab long bed single rear wheel and plow alot of driveways. sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do lol.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Personally I would Not do a long box with a quad and a plow. I have a quad short box & do 50-70 resies & it's hard enough getting around the residential area's, parked cars' (on the street) let alone getting into some of the dirves especially with all the snow this year!
I'd go with a std cab or a ext cab so you have a little room.

Good Luck
Old 03-06-2010, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I could get a single cab truck dodgerfan but this is my only truck so I gotta have somethign more than single cab and dodge does not make the newer big trucks in the regular extended cab version...I almost pulled the string on a 4wheeler last year on craigslist with plow so Ill keep surfin there looking for good deals to supplement the truck/plow for next year.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you would be fine doing drives, just watch out for mailboxes across from the driveway you're plowing..easy to back into.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think you would regret the quad/long bed. If you're plowing you pretty much have to choose bed space or people space. You can't have both.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought the truck, 06 longbed. Doesnt seem big at all really driving around town but I know that will change when plowing. We will see, hopefully Ill have other means of getting the smaller driveways cleared.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Grats on the truck! Hanging a plow on the front greatly increased your swing too. Less than ideal for sure but we all have to pick our own priorities.