Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-04-2010, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

trailer- this sound do-able?

I came across a 6'x14'tandem axle trailer for only $500..good shape other than lots of paint flaking so bought it. It has a adjustable height coupler (2") in front. And after buying found out it has 4-wheel electric brakes. Has torx-flex suspension. 2x3 tube frame. also has 2x10 boards. My only concern is (A) 14" tires?? (B) cross members are 1.5 " square tubing-but quite a few of them. He said a bobcat was hauled on it before so will haul mine (I have a light BC 444 which I think only weighs 3500 lbs total with bucket. I'll be using mainly for a mowing trailer. With the torx axles and the 14" tires..it rides only a foot off the ground- That I think is a plus- sorry- no pic's. This sound good for the money?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Member

sounds like a steal
Old 03-04-2010, 10:22 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I paid $1,750 for my 08 single axel 14ftr. Sounds like a good price.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like you got a great deal. wish people around here would give out deals. everyone goes for high dollar pricing and then never sells it.

Overtime Mowing & Plowing

Shane Pinder

Old 03-04-2010, 02:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

should mention..

I think also I got good deal. Pulled it 65 miles home and didn't hardly know it was back there. But I should mention- It has no rail or no loading gate. I already got some of the steel..but will need to buy all for gate. This add's to the cost. I'll do all the welding so that isn't considered (it'll be fun- if all goes well) Boards are wore but still quite good- good for couple years yet. My biggest concern is all the flaking paint mainly underneath and on fender. Hate to strip..but might have too. couple holes along topside of one fender (salt from tires must have built up thier on underside of fender?) but is on inboard side so will cover most of top-side of fenders with diamond plate steel and use for somewhat of a bench ( both fenders are long and flat on top..more box looking than new ones) I'll do to both to look uniform. I'm going to see if I can figure out the rating on axles- they are square and look to be 2" or maybe 2.5 inches.