Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-10-2000, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I have recently started a weed control and fertilization business and am looking for new accounts. I am interested in anyones input as to the most effective ways of developing new business and accounts for both residential and commercial customers.<br>Thanks for your help.
Old 01-11-2000, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I am not sure of what type of business you are in now but it may help to go to some of the clients you already have.
Old 01-11-2000, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Decali,<p>I sounds like you are new and don't have mowing accounts. I would offer to subcontract at a reduced rate for mowing contractors in your area. I does involve a little networking, but I have seen this work very well. Also, keep your regular methods of advertising and phone solicitaion.<p>If you've got the budget and really need to build some business there are services out there that will cold call and ask prospects to have you do a free analysis. Obviously this is the way to go, look at Trugreen. Others in my local area have done this sucessfully as well.<p>These are the 2 methods I have seen produce the most dramatic results.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I currently do not do weed contol, but it seems like the time to find business is during the winter and early spring...advertise like crazy!!! I'm going to be in your shoes next spring when I start my chemical route....good luck. using phone solicitation would probably be beneficial....probably costly too.

25 years old 7 years in business ownership