Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven B View Post
I get the most fun speaking spanish to mexicans after they talk **** about me, becuase I'm white.
I took 4 years worth of spanish in high school, got a B or higher grade every year, and yet I still have no clue what you said. I can speak very simple sentences (more like phrases) and I know some bad words, but that's about it. So when I go to the city just south of me (where there are a ton of mexicans) I try to see if I can understand what they say and I only get about 10% of what comes out of their mouth. That pisses me off, which makes me want to go into the wal-mart where they all shop and yell, immigration! But I don't think that would be a good idea.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 03-05-2010, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasMWhite View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with saying it on a website. The area will determine if it is necessary. Some areas I think it could really make a difference, other area's it won't really change anything.

It's sort of like manufacturing companies who put MADE IN AMERICA in all their advertisements. If it works for them. Why not us.
I've been thinking about a PC way to let my target customers know I'm American and I think I just might go with " Made in America" in my next marketing material.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2010, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane100 View Post
I've been thinking about a PC way to let my target customers know I'm American and I think I just might go with " Made in America" in my next marketing material.
Posted via Mobile Device
Or just but a pic of your smiling face on it.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

It just baffles me at how many people will make public there religion, or their political views when conducting business. Now I am not saying whats on this guys web-site is right or wrong, I could care less. If he can make more money off that phrase then all the power to him. But why do most people relate the word "illegals" to Mexicans? Or say, "I am american, so support americans" Or "Pay americans what they deserve". I dont care what color, race or what god you answer too, ALL I CARE ABOUT IS GREEN and I mean money. Wheather your american, mexican, african or any other -can, just be productive and collect your paycheck. I have been offended by remarks that some of my customers make either about my religion, race or political views, and when asked my opinion, my answer is always the same "Do you have that check ready?" Ask any major traded company in america who they supported for President, they will tell you they are neutral. As business owners that should be our stance when it comes to stuff like that. If you continue to bring those factors up, you will not be successful in the long run. Business will and always should be seperate from politics, religion and whatever else your point of views are. J.M.H.O
Old 03-05-2010, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yah, most of my customers are republicans but I don't turn down their work, lol.

As long as my customers show me respect, I don't care what their race or religion is. If they treat me like I'm below them, they can find someone else. I find that certain ethnic groups want to treat me more like an employee or servant than a contractor. I'm hired to do a specific job on my schedule under my terms, not the other way around..some people just don't get that.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Yah, most of my customers are republicans but I don't turn down their work, lol.

As long as my customers show me respect, I don't care what their race or religion is. If they treat me like I'm below them, they can find someone else. I find that certain ethnic groups want to treat me more like an employee or servant than a contractor. I'm hired to do a specific job on my schedule under my terms, not the other way around..some people just don't get that.
I knew I wasnt the only one.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
you can not be american and not speak english.........i don't care if the very first american's did not didn't speak english. in this day and age it can't happen. if you were born in the U.S. you speak english and if not then you need to be living somewhere else. if your gonna live in america then speaking english should be a requirement.......
So I guess I shouldn't go live in another country because I can't speak any other languages.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
you can not be american and not speak english.........i don't care if the very first american's did not didn't speak english. in this day and age it can't happen. if you were born in the U.S. you speak english and if not then you need to be living somewhere else. if your gonna live in america then speaking english should be a requirement.......
Also, you do realize that most Americans were immigrants at sometime.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by touhey33 View Post
So I guess I shouldn't go live in another country because I can't speak any other languages.
that is correct......

if your gonna live somewhere you NEED to speak there language. i'm not saying you have to know the language 100% before you move to a different country. moving somewhere and then learning the language is perfectly fine.

in the US there are way to many people who come to live here and don't know how to speak english, make no effort to learn to speak english and lots of times try to use that to there advantage.

maybe i should move to china and not make any effort whatsoever to learn chinese and try to use that to my advantage???

its the same concept as those who try and live here illegally and reep benefits that not even some of our own citizens are getting like social security, health care, etc.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by touhey33 View Post
Also, you do realize that most Americans were immigrants at sometime.
i'm referring to this day and age, NOT the past.....