Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-05-2010, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzLawnMan View Post
It just baffles me at how many people will make public there religion, or their political views when conducting business. Now I am not saying whats on this guys web-site is right or wrong, I could care less. If he can make more money off that phrase then all the power to him. But why do most people relate the word "illegals" to Mexicans? Or say, "I am american, so support americans" Or "Pay americans what they deserve". I dont care what color, race or what god you answer too, ALL I CARE ABOUT IS GREEN and I mean money. Wheather your american, mexican, african or any other -can, just be productive and collect your paycheck. I have been offended by remarks that some of my customers make either about my religion, race or political views, and when asked my opinion, my answer is always the same "Do you have that check ready?" Ask any major traded company in america who they supported for President, they will tell you they are neutral. As business owners that should be our stance when it comes to stuff like that. If you continue to bring those factors up, you will not be successful in the long run. Business will and always should be seperate from politics, religion and whatever else your point of views are. J.M.H.O
yeah, all I care about is the green, too...
Old 03-05-2010, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzLawnMan View Post
It just baffles me at how many people will make public there religion, or their political views when conducting business. Now I am not saying whats on this guys web-site is right or wrong, I could care less. If he can make more money off that phrase then all the power to him. But why do most people relate the word "illegals" to Mexicans? Or say, "I am american, so support americans" Or "Pay americans what they deserve". I dont care what color, race or what god you answer too, ALL I CARE ABOUT IS GREEN and I mean money. Wheather your american, mexican, african or any other -can, just be productive and collect your paycheck. I have been offended by remarks that some of my customers make either about my religion, race or political views, and when asked my opinion, my answer is always the same "Do you have that check ready?" Ask any major traded company in america who they supported for President, they will tell you they are neutral. As business owners that should be our stance when it comes to stuff like that. If you continue to bring those factors up, you will not be successful in the long run. Business will and always should be seperate from politics, religion and whatever else your point of views are. J.M.H.O
i agree 100%. it should be seperate and for me it is. i'm actually one of the most neutral people you will ever meet when it comes to politics. i don't vote, i don't even pay attention to whats going on in the political world. i live my life keeping track and me and everything closesly around me.

but i do feel if your gonna live in america you need to speak english. i'm not saying you must know it 100% before you come here but you should learn it and use it. none of these mexicans in the grocery store talking spanish around all of us americans.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
i don't vote, i don't even pay attention to whats going on in the political world. i live my life keeping track and me and everything closesly around me.
Sorry, if you don't vote and you're eligible to then you don't have a right to complain about anything about our country in my book. Part of being a member of a soceity is actively participating in it, not selfishly existing solely for yourself.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Im an mionority owned business. I hire any1 that is legal as long as they know what they are doing and can communicate in english with no problem. I have a problem when illegals come over steal ppls idenity and pay no taxes and know not a lick of english. Im an american but at the same time i advertise as english and spanish speaking. Yet again im puerto rican and not illagel.
12' trailer
10' trailer
1997 dodge
1995 chevy tahoe
stihl backpack blower BR-550
echo backpack blower
4 stihl straight shaft trimmer FS 90
push mower
snowblower
ATV with plow
Old 03-06-2010, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

you ain't allowed on my property if you ain't American and English speaking.

I'd never hire someone who didn't speak FLUENT English.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Sorry, if you don't vote and you're eligible to then you don't have a right to complain about anything about our country in my book. Part of being a member of a soceity is actively participating in it, not selfishly existing solely for yourself.
no apologizes needed. i don't complain about how the country is run. sure i have my opinion about it but rarely voice it.

i basically go along with whatever the law is. i don't really have a choice.

i don't vote because i think politics is stupid. you pick your candidate based off of empty promises. the president is picked off of how many people like what he says best, not qualifications.

"if you elect me president i'll do this"

i refuse to pick the people that run our country that way. in my opinion there really isn't any politician thats better than another. they all just say different things. i think running the country is an extremely hard job and there isn't any one person who can do it better than another, just differently than another.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

America has no official language. Most people just speak english. I'm fluent in english and spanish but that is because I am a Mexican-American. Here in Texas there are almost no white boys who mow grass, those that do usually do a absolutely terrible job but only got the job because they are white. Customers here are accustomed to not being able to communicate with the crew. It usually just takes a lot of pointing and broken english to communicate lol. All my workers are hispanic because we are the only people who do this kind of work here.

I think it is hilarious how some of you guys blame Latino's for all your problems. Yes illegal immigration is bad, but those guys do jobs that Americans would never want to do.
Lesco application equipment

Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPPER MAN View Post
America has no official language. Most people just speak english. I'm fluent in english and spanish but that is because I am a Mexican-American. Here in Texas there are almost no white boys who mow grass, those that do usually do a absolutely terrible job but only got the job because they are white. Customers here are accustomed to not being able to communicate with the crew. It usually just takes a lot of pointing and broken english to communicate lol. All my workers are hispanic because we are the only people who do this kind of work here.

I think it is hilarious how some of you guys blame Latino's for all your problems. Yes illegal immigration is bad, but those guys do jobs that Americans would never want to do.
i'm not "technically" gonna speak for anyone else but i think for most it's the illegal part that bothers them. i don't have anything against any other race, it's the illegal part i don't like.

they come in here illegally get paid under the table, don't pay taxes and take the money back to there family in mexico AND they want benefits like social security and health care. they DON'T pay into that so why should they get it???? and some don't want to follow the laws and rules of our government.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
i'm not "technically" gonna speak for anyone else but i think for most it's the illegal part that bothers them. i don't have anything against any other race, it's the illegal part i don't like.

they come in here illegally get paid under the table, don't pay taxes and take the money back to there family in mexico AND they want benefits like social security and health care. they DON'T pay into that so why should they get it???? and some don't want to follow the laws and rules of our government.
From the customer's perspective, I think communication is a bigger problem - I think a lot of customers care more about having a worker who understands questions and instructions in English than about knowing what the guy's immigration status is.

I think a lot of the Hispanic guys are hurting their long-term chances for success in America by only working on Spanish-speaking crews. I improved my Spanish quite a bit by working on a mostly Mexican crew; the Mexicans could do the same with their English skills if they ventured outside their comfort zone and worked on an American crew!
Old 03-07-2010, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornett22 View Post
you ain't allowed on my property if you ain't American and English speaking.

I'd never hire someone who didn't speak FLUENT English.
That is the best post I have read on this thread all day.