Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2010, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

small diesel trucks

http://www.mahindrana.com/indian-cars-and-trucks.html

like i am sure with others on here i have been looking for ways to minimize expenses. it seems a truck like this would be ideal for carrying a extra fuel tank, tools, generator, compresser and other things that seem to stay in my trucks bed. beng able to use this and get the milage this one does would be a huge bonus. not to mention being able to use it for bidding and pricing jobs. i hate the idea it is from a foreign company. it seems chevy and perhaps ford already build trucks simialr to this for use in Australia and other places. i just sent a note to chevy asking for a truck like this and was politely told they would pass the info on. maybe if enough people send notes someone will hear. just seems someting like this could be a great service truck. granted it may not be the best towing a trailer but i have big trucks that do that fine already. whats everyones thoughts?
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 03-06-2010, 10:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I would like a truck like that one. I think that one looks ugly, but maybe they will have better looks for the second generation. I read somewhere that the Mahindra truck will have a factory snowplow option.

Cummins isn't spelled with a g!!!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey what about a diesel VW truck; Been looking for one of these but they all need extensive work done, or their totally rusted out. But all tuned up I heard they get around 50mpg! That'd be nice, throw the tools in the back or go do estimates very economical.

Tnmtn, how do you like your 4500? I just test drove a 5500 it was big but the turning radius was impressive; can't decide between bigger 45-5500 or just a 1 ton dump, I'm sick of going back and forth for loads but could always get bigger loads delivered.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i love my 4500. it has been bulletproof so far and tows much more stable than the 1 ton. make no mistake though these aren't good for daily drivers but for hard work, towing and carrying a load thay are tough to beat. i really like the versatility of the dumping flatbed
Root Grapple
Box Blade
12" & 24" backhoe buckets
TT300E
Dingo TX425
GRI
Old 03-06-2010, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmtn View Post
http://www.mahindrana.com/indian-cars-and-trucks.html

like i am sure with others on here i have been looking for ways to minimize expenses. it seems a truck like this would be ideal for carrying a extra fuel tank, tools, generator, compresser and other things that seem to stay in my trucks bed. beng able to use this and get the milage this one does would be a huge bonus. not to mention being able to use it for bidding and pricing jobs. i hate the idea it is from a foreign company. it seems chevy and perhaps ford already build trucks simialr to this for use in Australia and other places. i just sent a note to chevy asking for a truck like this and was politely told they would pass the info on. maybe if enough people send notes someone will hear. just seems someting like this could be a great service truck. granted it may not be the best towing a trailer but i have big trucks that do that fine already. whats everyones thoughts?
There is supposed to be a dealer here for them, actually the dealer isn't selling GMC anymore but is picking up Mahindra. I do want a truck that size and think it would be very useful. I am afraid that the fit and finish or quality of the Mahindra is going to be lacking, hope I am wrong.

I also agree that Ford and GM should have sold something like these years ago. I was excited a couple years ago for that retro Ford Bronco concept but was very disappointed it didn't happen.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I think it will steal thunder from the big three car mpg in a 4x4 heIl yes .
Old 03-06-2010, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

that thing looks like a toyota rav4 witha truck bed!!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROPERTYLAWNSERVICELLC View Post
I think it will steal thunder from the big three car mpg in a 4x4 heIl yes .
I assume you mean a 4x4 truck, because the Honda Accord Crosstour already has 4WD with car like fuel economy.

Cummins isn't spelled with a g!!!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

YES I bought my 08 Dakota cause unloaded it gets 26mpg 15mpg lightly loaded at 55mph so a small 4x4 truck with that type of hauling capacity
Old 03-07-2010, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought Dodge was talking about putitng a smaller diesel in half ton trucks in a couple years? Anybody hear about that?