Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2010, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

An exmark walk behind I picked up a couple years ago had some of these weights mounted on the front; I believe they weighed like 9 pounds each. I asked my dealer about them one time and he told me that he had not sold a set for walk behinds in years. He also commented that Exmark must be hiding gold inside of the weights because a pair of these 9 pound weights cost $120!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 sets of them for the full size lazer Z. They came with the bagging systems.Never used them. For sale cheap if you want them.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengiant9963 View Post
I have 2 sets of them for the full size lazer Z. They came with the bagging systems.Never used them. For sale cheap if you want them.
I have the full size Lazer Z AS. I'll shoot you a message...thanks!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QualityLawnCare4u View Post
Runner, I weighed them twice as I could not belive it either but that is what the scales showed.
Wow, I ddn't realize they WEIGHED that much. That is kind of surprising. Well? Atleast now we know!

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd be wary of adding a lot of weight to the front, as it will affect the way the mower turns (inertia) requiring more force at the rear tires to overcome turn resistance, and may mash down the grass even more than midmounts already do. Pivoting the front wheels (as when going from forward to reverse) will then tend to tear turf a little if they are super loaded. The mower is designed to not wheelie in normal operation, perhaps you can avoid the steep hill you're going over instead? You might want to try moving the seat forward a few inches.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec32 View Post
I'd be wary of adding a lot of weight to the front, as it will affect the way the mower turns (inertia) requiring more force at the rear tires to overcome turn resistance, and may mash down the grass even more than midmounts already do. Pivoting the front wheels (as when going from forward to reverse) will then tend to tear turf a little if they are super loaded. The mower is designed to not wheelie in normal operation, perhaps you can avoid the steep hill you're going over instead? You might want to try moving the seat forward a few inches.
Good point. I may just wait and see how it goes this spring. This is my first year with it. It does pop up fairly easy, but most of these areas I'd be going sideways anyway....so maybe in normal operation, it isn't going to affect me as much as I think it might.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Member

greengiant - PM sent

my yard has hills and isn't perfect and the front tires come off the ground often