Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2011, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just noticed your new pics man, everything looks good. Nice Scag and that plow looks sick on the dump.

How does the Scag bag leaves? Any blowout around the deck?

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 03-13-2011, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Just noticed your new pics man, everything looks good. Nice Scag and that plow looks sick on the dump.

How does the Scag bag leaves? Any blowout around the deck?
Thanks man. The scag has the advantage deck with the adjustable baffle system which I didnt know about until after fall cleanups this past season. It did pretty well for us prolly picking up 90% of leaves on thicker grass and 60% on thin grass or dirt areas. Once we found out about the baffle we lowered it down to the lowest level over the winter and will use it for spring cleanups hopefully picking up almost everything with minimal blowout no matter what type of ground we are on.
Old 03-13-2011, 02:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom Landscape Concepts View Post
Thanks man. The scag has the advantage deck with the adjustable baffle system which I didnt know about until after fall cleanups this past season. It did pretty well for us prolly picking up 90% of leaves on thicker grass and 60% on thin grass or dirt areas. Once we found out about the baffle we lowered it down to the lowest level over the winter and will use it for spring cleanups hopefully picking up almost everything with minimal blowout no matter what type of ground we are on.
Wow that's really nice. It ticks me off spending upwards of $5k for commercial equipment and having deal with blowout when my grandpap's MTD lawn tractor sucks up leaves from a mile away. But that's good you found that baffle; hopefully it'll help out.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 03-13-2011, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice shop! What's the dimensions? And nice dump truck.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanlogan View Post
Nice shop! What's the dimensions? And nice dump truck.
Its about 18 X 45 with an 8' Door. Wish it had a 10' door but we get by without it for now.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
Wow that's really nice. It ticks me off spending upwards of $5k for commercial equipment and having deal with blowout when my grandpap's MTD lawn tractor sucks up leaves from a mile away. But that's good you found that baffle; hopefully it'll help out.
I agree with that 100% I see that all the time and they paid a quarter of the price of what guys like us pay for commercial equipment.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Very nice shop!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I remember you. I always keep count of the young guys out there doing it big, and most importantly, doing it right. I'd love to see actual equipment pics. You may have posted them I only made it a couple pages deep but that new open trailer is immaculate. I want to bump up to something this size when I get a walker, or ztr but for now I love sliding my 5x12 in the garage.

Reminds me of what I could have done at your age. Had it all laid out in front of me but instead I went off to college. Started finally at 23, retained alot of old customers and this is my second year in business so hopefully by my 3rd year I will be somewhere close to where you're at. How many accounts do you maintain?
Old 03-16-2011, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopNotchLawnCare View Post
Very nice shop!
Thanks buddy
Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Pride View Post
I remember you. I always keep count of the young guys out there doing it big, and most importantly, doing it right. I'd love to see actual equipment pics. You may have posted them I only made it a couple pages deep but that new open trailer is immaculate. I want to bump up to something this size when I get a walker, or ztr but for now I love sliding my 5x12 in the garage.

Reminds me of what I could have done at your age. Had it all laid out in front of me but instead I went off to college. Started finally at 23, retained alot of old customers and this is my second year in business so hopefully by my 3rd year I will be somewhere close to where you're at. How many accounts do you maintain?
Thanks man. We maintain about 30 residential accounts and 7 commerical properties (5 Dunkin Dounts, Small Condo complex, single office building). I started the business while I went to college full time and gave up a lot of the college experience to do that. Ill be 23 in May and Im starting to see a little payoff from all the work during school. Its still big payments for equipment and upkeep but I can see the light haha.