Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-11-2010, 06:51 PM
YellowDogSVC's Avatar
YellowDogSVC YellowDogSVC is online now
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 3,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Yep. I'd love to hear this call-

Attention PeWee Valley Fire,South Oldham Fire. Report of a drilling explosion and fire.

2 minute later-

8401 on scene
HOLY SH!T 8400,roll every available unit,advise SOFD to send as many as possible.


5 minutes later-

8433 on scene. 8407 asdvises OCD to send heavy equipment and an explosives tech.
I wonder if they have in-house firefighters..hell fighters for situations like that where workers are cross-trained to get after it. I know that equipment wasn't rigged in 2 minutes.
__________________
"You Can All Go to Hell, I'm Going to Texas." --Davy Crockett

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-12-2010, 11:33 AM
alco alco is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 255
A lot of these companies are far too small to even consider having a staff that is trained and equipped to deal with these type of incidents considering how infrequently they occur. In a situation like this, they would bring in one of the specialists like Safety Boss or Firemaster who they keep on a retainer.
www.safetyboss.net
www.firemaster.ca
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Yep. I'd love to hear this call-

Attention PeWee Valley Fire,South Oldham Fire. Report of a drilling explosion and fire.

2 minute later-

8401 on scene
HOLY SH!T 8400,roll every available unit,advise SOFD to send as many as possible.


5 minutes later-

8433 on scene. 8407 asdvises OCD to send heavy equipment and an explosives tech.
sounds like a call we had the other day to a textile mill.. Had dam near every station in the county sending atleast one unit up there..
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Ozz's Avatar
Ozz Ozz is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Crestwood KY
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
sounds like a call we had the other day to a textile mill.. Had dam near every station in the county sending at least one unit up there..
Ouch. Things have been pretty quiet here in Pewee. Now at South its an entirely different story....
__________________
Sean- Applying old school fixes to new problems.
Caterpillar and Komatsu heavy equipment, Husqvarna saws, Stihl everything else that runs on gas.
Je joue la guitare basse aussi.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Ouch. Things have been pretty quiet here in Pewee. Now at South its an entirely different story....
I was in my firefighting class so I couldnt respond, but over the radio they were saying it was all interior and they were talking like it was freakin rollin. But when I talked to the guys that responded they said it really wasnt all that bad..
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Ozz's Avatar
Ozz Ozz is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Crestwood KY
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
I was in my firefighting class so I couldnt respond, but over the radio they were saying it was all interior and they were talking like it was freakin rollin. But when I talked to the guys that responded they said it really wasnt all that bad..
That's a day ruiner. Have you taken NIMS class? Dad (I'm only a black hat...) wanted to pull his nails out.
__________________
Sean- Applying old school fixes to new problems.
Caterpillar and Komatsu heavy equipment, Husqvarna saws, Stihl everything else that runs on gas.
Je joue la guitare basse aussi.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Junior M's Avatar
Junior M Junior M is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
That's a day ruiner. Have you taken NIMS class? Dad (I'm only a black hat...) wanted to pull his nails out.
Sure havent, I am just working on getting my firefighter cert as we speak.
__________________
Southeastern Services


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 PM.

Page generated in 0.08806 seconds with 8 queries