Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2010, 04:01 PM
LawnSite Member

09 SCAG WILDCAT ( feedback request maybe for sale)

Hey guys, I got this mower today its got 130hrs on it 61in Velocity plus deck.Its powered by a beefy 30hp Kohler engine . I'm just not sure if I like it ? I don't know if I can get used to a small machine like this. I cut one of my propertys with it today and it is the best cut I've ever seen. I think I may want something like a turf tiger tho. I'm thinking of selling it for what I paid for it 7000.00 . The warranty is still good for another 15 or so months . Anyone interested if I decide I can't get used to it? I can email pictures if interested. You can also call me at 863 781 6793 SERIOUS BUYERS only.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2010, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

why do you "feel" you need a bigger machine? you still will have a 61" deck and you will have a similar hp rating? maybe your ground speed is a little faster but i know i never mow at top speed any ways.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a tiger cub 07 fits anywhere and love the cut, but some days I wish I had more power and a bigger deck (though 61 seems big enough), I would think if you have a few accounts with rich open grass fields( and they generate good income but are time consuming), then go with more power/ bigger deck. It sounds like you made up your mind already
Old 03-09-2010, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm not used to sitting that low to the ground. I have a 326 diesel Kubota and a 28efi chopper both with 60in decks. I think I would rather have the tiger with the kubota diesel, I just didn't do enough homework I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

sitting low to the ground is a good thing. what do you use the mower for? commercial cuts small resi?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I know it probally is good to have that center of gravity,but after riding high for all those years its hard to get used to, it doesn't feel right.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2010, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lower the better.....don't get rid of yet.. use it for another week and you won't want to get rid of it!!! I love my seating height of my JD.. put susp. seat kit on and sit about 2-3 inches higher, love the susp. but don't care for being higher up, but get used to it!!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

lower the better.....don't get rid of yet.. use it for another week and you won't want to get rid of it!!! I love my seating height of my JD.. put susp. seat kit on and sit about 2-3 inches higher, love the susp. but don't care for being higher up, but get used to it!!