Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2010, 10:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeKle View Post
NO big box store sells Stihl, they only sell thru independent dealers, and they say they will never allow their products to be sold in big box stores. But I wouldnt be surprised if they did sometime in the future. Dealers around here were pissed when Husqvarna started selling at Lowes, but I think there is a quality difference in trimmers bought at lowes and the huskys sold at dealers. Husqvarna used to be considered a great brand, but when they sold out and dealt with lowes, their standing went way down with many people.
This isnt true anymore... I just went to Ace Hardware and they are carrying a full line of stihl blowers, trimmers, chain saws... I couldnt believe my eyes! The prices are actually HIGHER then my local dealer for stihl products, what is up with that?!!?

Lowes sells Husq, toro, and Deeres too...the quality is NOT there at all, MTD made equipment stamped out different names and colors... Way to screw the consumers!!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Member

its bothering me now so im heading to lowes soon i know they are there now
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2010, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProcsLC View Post
This isnt true anymore... I just went to Ace Hardware and they are carrying a full line of stihl blowers, trimmers, chain saws... I couldnt believe my eyes! The prices are actually HIGHER then my local dealer for stihl products, what is up with that?!!?

Lowes sells Husq, toro, and Deeres too...the quality is NOT there at all, MTD made equipment stamped out different names and colors... Way to screw the consumers!!
Remember that all Ace hardware stores are independently owned. The owner of that particular Ace is the one that became a Stihl dealer.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProcsLC View Post
He's right, Toy-bilt is just another MTD generic firm.

Get something else.
Stihl FC85, MS192T, 041AV, MS200
Redmax HBZ2601

Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1whitetail View Post
Remember that all Ace hardware stores are independently owned. The owner of that particular Ace is the one that became a Stihl dealer.
He is right, Ace is independently owned and operated. The one up the road from me has been a stihl, shindy, echo, and redmax dealer. Reps eyes light up when they set up one, and they are not loyal to anyone. So they are told to come get thier stuff when they have product they cant move.

And as for them selling them higher. Just like home depot and echo. When you put one on a homedepot card, at 0% intrest for 1 year. They are going to make that money up somewhere. And they do it by raising thier prices over us the dealers.

I wish all customers knew to come to dealers and save money up front, and be ahead of all the "Home Cheapo" cutsomers in line for service.
Wright
Snapper
Snapper pro
Redmax
Snow ex
Blizzard plows
Boss plows
And fix all the rest...
Old 03-10-2010, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

if your looking to use any thing for commercial use it should be commercial grade. troybilt does not make commercial grade equipment to my knowledge. so i would not recommend using it.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxuryLawnCare View Post
I am heading to lowes in about a half hour i post threw my cell phone is there a way to take a picture and post it to i know i seen stihl there they had the chainsaws and a back pack blower this sucks i don't know if the home depot sales troy bilt or this big ass edger so i could take it back there and get ehco
Posted via Mobile Device
I'm not trying to argue with ya man, but maybe yo quick glanced at a Husky blower or saw and mistook it for a Stihl. Husky is all orange for the coloring, Stihl is a darker orange and white.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

missed that post.......lowes does NOT carry stihl as a brand. i can attest to that. i have a brother in law who is one of the big shots there.

they carry troy build, john deere and husquarvana that i know for sure. i've never seen anything husky there but i wouldn't swear to it. but i will swear to them NOT carrying stihl.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxuryLawnCare View Post
im not positive on this but i think lowes sells sthil here in Indy
Don't let Stihl find out their equipment is sold anywhere but an authorized dealer. They would flip out big time.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Only thing I would buy is a troybuilt pressure washer and thats just because you can pick a end of year model up for 237 bucks. I got my use of the last one I bought and just bought another. Other then that ...I would stay away from it. No one is going to recommend any homeowner grade machine but if I was to buy a homeowner grade I would buy toro.