Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-12-2010, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tough week

Well it was a tough week. Third week I have been working started on a new job, pulling stumps, rough grading and moving around fill to prep for loam and seed.

Week started with the F-550 picking up a 12" piece of rebar from morons power brooming crap into the road. Then second day on the job broke a band on the VTS barely got it back on the trailer. Quickly found a 277 to get in and working. Then busted a line on the root grapple while moving stumps. But got the job done by todays deadline and talked to Dale (KRTRAXX) and got a set of replacement VTStracks that hopefully should be here next week. Decided to go with the stock replacements not the V style Ideals or the ASV style one.

Here are some pictures of the 277B, My Gehl before and After it was sidelined and the Deere 120. Really liking the 120, kinda tippy but it does have the long arm but really fast and tons of break out force.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2010, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUSWEDE View Post
Well it was a tough week. Third week I have been working started on a new job, pulling stumps, rough grading and moving around fill to prep for loam and seed.

Week started with the F-550 picking up a 12" piece of rebar from morons power brooming crap into the road. Then second day on the job broke a band on the VTS barely got it back on the trailer. Quickly found a 277 to get in and working. Then busted a line on the root grapple while moving stumps. But got the job done by todays deadline and talked to Dale (KRTRAXX) and got a set of replacement VTStracks that hopefully should be here next week. Decided to go with the stock replacements not the V style Ideals or the ASV style one.

Here are some pictures of the 277B, My Gehl before and After it was sidelined and the Deere 120. Really liking the 120, kinda tippy but it does have the long arm but really fast and tons of break out force.
Welcome to the excavating business.

Drive motor went out on the daewoo wednesday, $9,000 to fix that.

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 03-12-2010, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
Welcome to the excavating business.

Drive motor went out on the daewoo wednesday, $9,000 to fix that.
That sucks but your lucky enough to have a back-up, but I realized early on that running equipment something is always bound to happen. Just sucks this early in the season. But ill slap on the new tracks and not have to worry about it the rest of the year.

Not a fan of the 277 though
Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

likin that Deere 120C!

looks really nice.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

So will you have time to do a push off with the skids???

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 03-12-2010, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Were your VTS tracks going bad? Just think of it as getting all the gremlins out of the way.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
So will you have time to do a push off with the skids???
At this point the 277 will win since the track on the right side of the Gehl is done. The 277 I think would win though had good grip the tracks never slipped pushing. It did like to bog hard going into a pile and didn't like to drive and turn it was all out driving straight and would turn great but not drive and turn. Its a big machine, same weight as my gehl with VTS but the view was awesome can't see anything out the back
Old 03-12-2010, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Were your VTS tracks going bad? Just think of it as getting all the gremlins out of the way.
They had cracks and the first day on the job the side that broke kept slipping, so day 2 tightened up and 2 hours later while turning on rocky sand, big pop noise and started slipping. Got out and saw how it pulled apart and the metal bands were hanging out. Will snap a pic tomorrow when I take the VTS off.

I had been e-mailing dale for the past month talking and pricing because I knew at some point I would need a set since they were all cracked but was told the compound did that and would last.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I've heard the older ones crack a lot compared to the new compounds. I'm not sure which track pattern to go with when the time comes.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Yeah, I've heard the older ones crack a lot compared to the new compounds. I'm not sure which track pattern to go with when the time comes.
Yea dale gave me the choice of the 2 below but went with the original VTS Track that was a demo. The V pattern is Solideal and have heard bad thing about their tracks in general and the other was interesting but I figured I would stick with what works since I only use them in the summer for dirt, if it was a year round thing might pick a different tread.
Attached Images