Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-13-2010, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A 120 with a long stick and thumb is going to be tippy. I think the 130 size machine is a better match for a long stick and thumb.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It takes some getting used to the cat and turn and push but i love the 277
Old 03-13-2010, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

few pics of the busted track, looking forward to the new ones. I knew it was coming just didn't think this quick.
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2010, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

When I busted my T190 track, it had actual steel cables in it, not that skinny crap that you got, yours looks like individual strands of cable.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96
Old 03-13-2010, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post
When I busted my T190 track, it had actual steel cables in it, not that skinny crap that you got, yours looks like individual strands of cable.
Yea I had never seen it like that just small steel braided cables. I guess VTS has gone through a bunch of track changes.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like there is still some 'tread' left compared to some of the tracks I've seen. I thought they had cables running through them?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Member

That looks exactly like mine did. Did the same thing too was slipping tightened it up, started slipping 3 hours later tightened it some more then an hour later was torn all the way across luckily got it loaded on the trailer and back to the shop. I chose to go with the Mclarens have not used them yet as mine went right at the end of the year and ended up putting the tires back on it for moving snow, should be putting them back on in about 3 to 4 weeks so I can give a review of the nex-gen TDF track pattern.

Couple notes if you have not got instructions from someone else for installing. You need to unbolt the vts from the machine and take it completely off for install. You have to remove the front idler hub to get the front tensioner to lay all the way down and then the track will go on in 2 minutes. You will need a big breaker bar, and probably still a cheater pipe, I cant remember what size socket to get the front hub out but the nut is torqued to 750 ft Lbs from the factory. To make it easier I also just cut my old bands off with a sawzall as they would never be going back on anyways, before I unbolted the system from the machine no use fighting an old track anymore then you have to.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thought about the next gens but figured I would play it safe and stick with the stock ones. Dale said he had only sold one set and didn't have feedback on them (maybe that was you).

I pulled the tracks off yesterday and put tires back on. The broke track I am going to cut off the other I want to keep just in case something happens down the line.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Landscaping View Post
That looks exactly like mine did. Did the same thing too was slipping tightened it up, started slipping 3 hours later tightened it some more then an hour later was torn all the way across luckily got it loaded on the trailer and back to the shop. I chose to go with the Mclarens have not used them yet as mine went right at the end of the year and ended up putting the tires back on it for moving snow, should be putting them back on in about 3 to 4 weeks so I can give a review of the nex-gen TDF track pattern.

Couple notes if you have not got instructions from someone else for installing. You need to unbolt the vts from the machine and take it completely off for install. You have to remove the front idler hub to get the front tensioner to lay all the way down and then the track will go on in 2 minutes. You will need a big breaker bar, and probably still a cheater pipe, I cant remember what size socket to get the front hub out but the nut is torqued to 750 ft Lbs from the factory. To make it easier I also just cut my old bands off with a sawzall as they would never be going back on anyways, before I unbolted the system from the machine no use fighting an old track anymore then you have to.

I will be looking forward to your thoughts on the McLaren VTS track. There are getting to be more and more companies making VTS tracks, thats good. Looks like parts of ND are going to flood again. You will likely need the VTS.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
I will be looking forward to your thoughts on the McLaren VTS track. There are getting to be more and more companies making VTS tracks, thats good. Looks like parts of ND are going to flood again. You will likely need the VTS.
KSSS does your VTS have the newer VTS tracks where every other rib is combined? If so, how do you like the traction?