Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post

I dont mind turning wrenches, but I'd much rather be doing construction/excavation. But its a paying job, and I made a commitment to the man.. I am not one to go against my word...

Its pretty hard to find a decent job around here, especially at this age. So why leave this one? What if I cant find a job when I graduate? Then I've got this to fall back on, making decent money, not some part time BS at a grocery store bagging groceries.
Exactly Jr. you will have something to fall back on and you have a job now. I wish I had a job now but what I am struggling with is one getting anyone to call me back and two not wanting to get something at a grocery till I graduate in May and then get into another job that I really wanna do. I would feel bad working somewhere for two months and then just cutting out on them. My point is you have a job and that is a good thing, stay the course in it.

Good Luck!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly.. I didnt mean for this to be a whining and bitc#ing post. I just figured I'd tell yall what was up.. some people actually care about what others do..

I mean I did go into this thinking I'd really enjoy it.. Now 4months in, I've realized I dont.. thats all i wanted to say..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I got you I was just saying that you are lucky that you have a job. I wish I could say the same LOL.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Member

JUNIOR! i care buddy. i love to know what is oging on in other peoples lives. i also graduate it 2012. maybe we are jsut at the age that we care about what EVERYONE is doing. keep us (or at least me ) posted.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ok, so I dont think I've worked at the shop for a full four months, but its close enough.

This is what I've gathered, my boss isnt really holding up his end of the deal. So I am to the point of not really caring, just doing the work and going home. No more than I got to.
Quote:
Happy birthday to you to..

And why would you fire me? I come in to work, do my job, take pride in it and go home. I dont talk back, I ask questions whenever possible.. I may not like my job but that doesnt I am a complete jerkoff at work.. Way to judge my character from one post..

I dont mind turning wrenches, but I'd much rather be doing construction/excavation. But its a paying job, and I made a commitment to the man.. I am not one to go against my word...

Its pretty hard to find a decent job around here, especially at this age. So why leave this one? What if I cant find a job when I graduate? Then I've got this to fall back on, making decent money, not some part time BS at a grocery store bagging groceries.
and thank you,

read the first quote and remember this, There is NO second chance to make a first impression.....now read the rest of what you said and think about what i said.....this is a time that some of us have seen before, there will be guys lined up for that job and any other job before long....take it from me, take pride in anything you do, no matter what it is and you'll make it through life..

have a great birthday, you're only young once

jim
Old 03-16-2010, 06:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
and thank you,

read the first quote and remember this, There is NO second chance to make a first impression.....now read the rest of what you said and think about what i said.....this is a time that some of us have seen before, there will be guys lined up for that job and any other job before long....take it from me, take pride in anything you do, no matter what it is and you'll make it through life..

have a great birthday, you're only young once

jim
Ok, so maybe I said it wrong in that first quote, I still take pride in my work.. Its a great feeling to drive a car out of the shop that I tore a tranny out of, rebuilt and then put back in. Why wouldnt I take pride in something like that?

But I understand what you are saying..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Ok, so maybe I said it wrong in that first quote, I still take pride in my work.. Its a great feeling to drive a car out of the shop that I tore a tranny out of, rebuilt and then put back in. Why wouldnt I take pride in something like that?

But I understand what you are saying..
i figured you would, you're not a dumb kid, just young.