Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My small mulch job

I thought some of you guys might enjoy seeing a few pictures of the much job I did at my house. We got a total of 6 bobcat scoops of mulch, enough for 3 full trips in our small truck (toyota pickup).

I have a great story to tell with the mulch too.....
Attached Images

If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 03-13-2010, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's one more
Attached Images

If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)
Old 03-13-2010, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

nice job! now i wanna hear the story lol
Old 03-13-2010, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

did you edge it?
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 03-13-2010, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

all i know is someone done F ed up that telephone box!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Not edged yet (not well atleast), I got an edger attachment for my trimmer recently so I'll try to get it done soon.

About the story.......

Anyone willing to donate a picture first? I don't want to steal anything without premission.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=308553

Old 03-13-2010, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
all i know is someone done F ed up that telephone box!!!!
Ahahahahahaha, that's got a great story behind it too

One day this winter we got an intense snow about 5"-6", the first day the roads were sorta bad, then it froze overnight. This happened for about 2 days and then it got real warm one day and it all turned to slush. My dad came home from work in his 4 wheel drive CRV expecting no problem in the slush, so he drove in the driveway. While he was coming in somehow he slid into the yard and went back and foreward trying to get out. He ended up getting the car almost to the road, but he needed my brother and I to help rock it over the curb. We got outside and began to rock it, about 30 seconds later he got traction on the road, once he started to pull out of the yard we heard a loud crack, we first thought he had broken something plastic on the car, but then we saw the cable box.

Oops, we didn't know that he was stuck because he was trying to drive almost directly over it.

Well anyway, that's that story, so now we have a rutted yard and a cracked cable box

Thanks guys for your comments, God Bless!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:49 AM
LawnSite Member

looks to me you could use some help. next time try to kick an edge on the beds/tree rings before mulching . half the guys on here would show them pictures as a before picture . if you use a leaf rake on the mulch upside down you can fluff the mulch out evenly and follow up with a hard rake to tamp the edges for a better appearance.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been edging today, I'll try to put up some pictures soon

Old 03-14-2010, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly that work looks like crap. Looks like a homeowner did it themselves and didnt have a clue. Beds need to be edged first. There needs to be a well defined edge separating the turf area from the bed. Now that you have mulched first it will take you at least double the amount of time to edge those beds. The mulch needs to be smoothed out and leveled. It looks like it was just shoveled into the bed. The mulch should not be up the trunk of the tree. When mulch is placed against the trunk of the tree it makes the tree vulnerable to diseases and such.