Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2010, 03:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Coffee and a cream cheese and jelly samich.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Wait. I'm sorry that was "What did you have for dinner?"

A couple blue moons, palenta, sauteed garbanzo beans, salad. Hate to admit it, but the kids had tacos...again. I grew up with hot dogs, this generation is tacos. When money is flowing quesadillas.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGOS View Post
Wait. I'm sorry that was "What did you have for dinner?"

A couple blue moons, palenta, sauteed garbanzo beans, salad. Hate to admit it, but the kids had tacos...again. I grew up with hot dogs, this generation is tacos. When money is flowing quesadillas.
or as my in laws from jersey say "kwassadillas"
Old 03-14-2010, 04:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonster304 View Post
or as my in laws from jersey say "kwassadillas"
When I was in manufacturing I took our Boston sales rep out to dinner at a Mexican food restaurant. I told her we make Mexican food a lot at home. She asked me how we were able to make Mexican food at home? I have never laughed so hard in my life. It's a staple around here.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I purchased 80ft of sold corruglated pipe today and the box. I laid it out an attached it to the drain straight. I also looked at maybe a 40 degree bend that would cut it to about 55ft. Wonder if I should wait till we add the 8ft by 39 foot deck and just hook the 20ft piece in and do it above ground? We have some standing water but whole back yard is sloshy. Its coming from the gutter on that side of the house.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitaker24 View Post
I purchased 80ft of sold corruglated pipe today and the box. I laid it out an attached it to the drain straight. I also looked at maybe a 40 degree bend that would cut it to about 55ft. Wonder if I should wait till we add the 8ft by 39 foot deck and just hook the 20ft piece in and do it above ground? We have some standing water but whole back yard is sloshy. Its coming from the gutter on that side of the house.
It is important to have that gutter connection tight, but accessible. Countless times I have seen debris clogging drains from entering at the gutter/pipe connection. Also make sure you have a screen at the top of the down spout. But you still want to be able to remove the drain and gutter connection for possible clean out. If I have the room I put a two way sweep in a valve box just past the gutter connection for easy clean out. I also make sure I have access to the drain pipe every 50' for cleaning out. Again a two way sweep gives you access. You can put them in a round valve box. I would run the drain underground to make sure you have proper grade. Don't forget to mark the pipe if you bury it. It will become a magnet for a pier pad.

Are you building the deck? Why isn't the contractor building the deck installing the drain?
Old 03-14-2010, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

?

We didnt talk about that he said it would have to be moved, but I told him I would do it. I might attached the pipe to the downspout above ground, and then install the catch box at the end of the new addition. Then run the rest of the pipe underground from there. What is the 2 way access you talk about? Is it a coupler that connects the 2 pieces of pipe? or something else? Imonly installed one at the house before. I tied into an existing downspout underground line.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry. My own lingo.

Two Way Clean Out or Two Way Tee.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGOS View Post
It is important to have that gutter connection tight, but accessible. Countless times I have seen debris clogging drains from entering at the gutter/pipe connection. Also make sure you have a screen at the top of the down spout. But you still want to be able to remove the drain and gutter connection for possible clean out. If I have the room I put a two way sweep in a valve box just past the gutter connection for easy clean out. I also make sure I have access to the drain pipe every 50' for cleaning out. Again a two way sweep gives you access. You can put them in a round valve box. I would run the drain underground to make sure you have proper grade. Don't forget to mark the pipe if you bury it. It will become a magnet for a pier pad.

Are you building the deck? Why isn't the contractor building the deck installing the drain?
Or you could skip the gutter connection and use a catch basin under the gutter.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Catch basin under the gutter was what I had in mind to start with. Now might connect one stick to gutter cut it to 1-ft at end of new porch addition, and then install the catch basin and run that out into the yard underground. That will help keep me from having to dig out from under the new addition in the future years.