Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-14-2010, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your sons truck looks really nice, hopefully I can get into something like that this summer.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I hear you're driving a Dakota these days, Junior. What happened to diesels and Chevy?

Money and driving as far as I am was the reasons.. I'll have a Chevy before long, dont worry about it..

And I'd rather not learn about plows, what do I need that for? Its not like you or Kaiser are goin to hire me anytime soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-14-2010, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

In case you decide to become a big boy and move up north. And I guess you'd rather use your sock than plow hard all night.

And you never know, Junior. I might hire you just for the entertainment value. Drop a few wrenches in the dye barrels and make you fish em out bare-hand. Get you a company truck... a Ford IDI 2wd XL with a bazillion miles sounds about right.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oops, didn't see your post about the 2" screens, I bet you'll will be happy with the baffles and 1" screen. Are you going to sell mulch in large quantities to local markets (not exporting in live floor trailers though)? Try marketing it as "local" knowing people "know" it is their/local biomass making the mulch.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I intend to sell some retail at the composting center I run and I intend to wholesale any additional mulch to the garden centers etc in my area.

And if I can find the work I'll be taking that unit on the road within a few hours of home but outside my own market area and I'll make mulch for other people. All I need to make that operation mobile is a good water source at my destination and I can handle it no problems.

Put my skidsteer on a trailer behind one truck along with a few skids of dye and then put the rotochopper behind a second truck and good to go.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Make mulch for me We log regulary at our place in S.NH and generate huge volumes of chips.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

just be sure to wear a mask! I read an article not too long ago about those dyes causing respiratory problems/cancer for the operators.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
just be sure to wear a mask! I read an article not too long ago about those dyes causing respiratory problems/cancer for the operators.
If you could get me a link or copy-paste or something so I could read that article I'd really appreciate it. Tough to know what to get in order to filter out the crap if I'm not 100% sure what I'm supposed to be filtering.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT powered View Post
In case you decide to become a big boy and move up north. And I guess you'd rather use your sock than plow hard all night.

And you never know, Junior. I might hire you just for the entertainment value. Drop a few wrenches in the dye barrels and make you fish em out bare-hand. Get you a company truck... a Ford IDI 2wd XL with a bazillion miles sounds about right.
thats cool, it'd be a ride, a free one..

I am sure I could deal with your crap. You still got the adopt-a-redneck workin for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat_ron View Post

Just run the god damn sh*t out of the machine and the hell with all the other crap, make money instead of worrying about crap that only accountants think about!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior M View Post
thats cool, it'd be a ride, a free one..

I am sure I could deal with your crap. You still got the adopt-a-redneck workin for ya?
Fired him a long while ago. Was a year since his termination in August.

I found out the real reason why my contract that I hired him for in the first place got terminated. That moron was mouthing off to everyone else and they were just using any excuse to get him out of there.

Just wasn't working out. Eaiser without him around. Lot cheaper too.

My sons could both out-work him 10:1, complain less, and I don't have to pay them half as much as I was giving him.

And he was getting real hard on the equipment making stupid mistakes, backing into things, etc. When he started cussing at me was when I told him to go home and not bother to come back.