Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-19-2002, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

you will love this one!

We went to this guys house on the 13th of june to repair a valve that wasn't coming on with the timer.....we repaired it and guess what.....he had left while we were working and the 'NANNY' says, leave me the bill! So we do...............you know what's coming right?

Today he calls and says, "nothing has worked since you were here and it is all dying in the heat"......I send the same tech down right away....going out of my way to do so.

My tech gets there.....the circuit breaker was popped! Of course the owner is not home again.....he turns the breaker on and smoke comes out of the outlet and pops the breaker again.

Now we are not electricians but......that is not good!

The guy had come home by then and my tech shows him the problem......he says.....and I quote "it wasn't doing that before you guys came last week!!!!" No kidding, we had it running before we left, otherwise we would not have left right????

He thinks it is our fault...he has not paid for the previous visit.......I just called him to talk and he said he would call me back....he 'NEEDS TO TALK TO ME ABOUT MY SERVICE'.....

I can feel the knife in my back already........why do I continue to do business with these people..........man somedays I wish I was still in the field with no worries..............

MY SITE........

Last edited by SprinklerGuy; 06-19-2002 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2002, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the appt scheduler new? How is it working?
Old 06-19-2002, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah works good......since it is not integrated with the Outlook scheduler I use (home made of course!) sometimes it lets people schedule stuff when I really don't have an opening. If I update the scheduler on a daily basis it works great!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Tony, I realise that it may be a burden on your part, but please do your civic duty and take this guy to small claims court. It may not be worth the money, but he probably won't try to do something like this again. These people play these games because they think that they'll get away with it, and they've won if you don't do something about it. I once had a customer blame me for causing hot water to come out of his cold water faucets and said he wasn't going to pay.....too bad I didn't have a license and therefor a legal leg to stand on....

-J