Register free!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thoughts please....

Finally have pest. license... thinking about purchasing this unit off of craigslist.. anyone out there use a set-up like this?? comes with 9hp motor, John Beam pump, 300 gal. tank &60 gal. tank on back, 2 400ft. 3/8 hoses on elec. reels.... good set-up for lawns?? what's this thing worth for any of you that may have s'thing like it, I think I can get this for a STEAL!!! Any input would be great, seller claims the JB pump is worth $4500 alone!??
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2010, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Except for the fact that it has 3/8" hoses, my guess is it was used as a tree rig?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

yes, he said on the phone tonight that it was used for trees/farm spraying and that the hoses may not be perfect and may need replacing anyways! What would be the ideal hose type? He also said this unit is in great condition but has been sitting for a few years. They bought it with intentions of using, but never did, what's this worth IYO ?
Old 03-19-2010, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely a tree spray rig but don't understand the 3/8 inch hose. Have to see it of course but 4500 doesn't seem at all out of line. I'm surprised it has such a small HP engine on it for what was a tree care deal but go take a look.

Looks like someone tried to convert it into a lawn rig. You want 1/2 inch hose.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Seedpro... the 4500 I was referring to was what he said the pump was worth... He wants only 2500 for it, but said I could only give him 2000 for it, he said he would take it!! Him and his father bought it years ago for 5000 but has just sat in a shed ever since.. sorry for the confusion.. I would have to buy new hose(s) and wand on top of the 2000 for the whole set-up.. descent/good/great deal?? ??
Old 03-19-2010, 11:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S L C View Post
Thanks Seedpro... the 4500 I was referring to was what he said the pump was worth... He wants only 2500 for it, but said I could only give him 2000 for it, he said he would take it!! Him and his father bought it years ago for 5000 but has just sat in a shed ever since.. sorry for the confusion.. I would have to buy new hose(s) and wand on top of the 2000 for the whole set-up.. descent/good/great deal?? ??
Oh snap! Heck if the reel motors work the things worth 2 grand easy. Thats a nice tank too. The bean pump isn't worth 4500.....but they are expensive. It's a big dual piston pump is what it is more than likely.