Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2010, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

New to the business

This site is amazing!! I have been reading for several weeks now and there is so much useful information and tons of stuff to be learned from reading through all the post. This will be my first year in business and I'm really excited about getting started. This has been something I have wanted to do for some time now and finally things have worked out so I can get started. And before everyone starts bashing the new guy, YES I have a license and insurance!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi guy

Welcome to the site. Good luck this season. What will be your primary source of business income...cutting grass, landscape jobs, etc?

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 03-13-2010, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

welcome,there are a lot of new subdivisions in Murfreesboro,you should do good in that area
Old 03-13-2010, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the welcome's.

93chevy:
My plan is to start out doing just basic weekly maintenance, then when I get some money in the bank I can get more equipment and expand services. My plan is to pay cash for all equipment, as I hate debt, so it makes it alittle more difficult to aquire more stuff.

rwar:
I sure hope so!! Where in TN are you?
Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueCuts LS View Post
93chevy:
My plan is to start out doing just basic weekly maintenance, then when I get some money in the bank I can get more equipment and expand services. My plan is to pay cash for all equipment, as I hate debt, so it makes it alittle more difficult to aquire more stuff.
Sounds like a good deal. Don't be too afraid of debt though. Responsible financing can be a good way to grow your business, but just don't take on too much too fast.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

i have a question. this is my first year also. i was wondering how yal get paid. does you customers mail you a check? do you just catch them every time you do there yard?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome to the site

We have some that leave a check every time we mow, some mail a check every week, some pay monthly, and some are on net 30 (we mow for 30 days then bill them, 30 days after billing we get paid).

It is what it is......

Check out some of our manicuring http://sangerlawncareplus.com/Site%202/Photos%202.html
Old 03-14-2010, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattjd View Post
i have a question. this is my first year also. i was wondering how yal get paid. does you customers mail you a check? do you just catch them every time you do there yard?
Depends on the customer. Most of my little old ladies stop me and give me cash or check every time I'm there, some I bill at the end of the month. I'd love to do a net 15 monthly billing system, but I can't seem to sell all my customers on that.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I leave an invoice hanging on the door when we leave and will send another one in the mail 15 days later if it hasn't been paid by then. Like 93Chevy said, the older ladies love to pay cash...and talk your ear off. They are the best customers to have though!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I love my little old ladies. They don't really bring me much business other than cutting grass, but if you do a good job, they won't drop your service.