Register free!

Old 06-23-2010, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf343 View Post
so what size are the bags? 50 LBS.? how much is a bag? My guess is some where around $50 to $80.00 a bag since it is a one time a season deal, yes?
When is the most ideal time they recommend laying it?
jsf343,
Our price is set by the market by our distributors so I can not specifically tell you what the price would be in your market. I can tell you that it is driven by economics as everything is. Itís nice that the product offers exceptional turf for the operatorís customers but bottom line the business owner wants to make more money. This product will do this.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Tim,

That is all great info, thanks for informing. I will be reading up on it more over the next few weeks.

On another note is there a distributar in Oregon or on the west coast?
Old 06-23-2010, 02:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Hmm... thanks for all the great info and answering the ????'s. On the pre-E I am not familiar with that type, is it similar to barricade or ronstar? what is the typical duration of that, surely you will not get that long (7 months) out of it would you? Typically pre's are only good for 4 to 6 months. On the price... that is a lot better than I thought, that product is sounding more attractive all the time.

Is there an ideal time to lay it? say Feb and Oct.? It is probably too late right now correct?

Ok, I am done bombarding you with all my questions, I have really got a lot out of this thread and continue to do so, I wish the guy you mentioned would come on here and discuss a bit as well.

Anyway, thanks again!

Jeff
Jeff,

I think you got this but Cavalcade is Prodiamine the same as Barricade. Depending on the grass types and growing zone we would recommend different rates. Prodiamine is a nice partner with SiFi/One AP products. We recommend early application for SiFi/One AP. The Prodiamine is highly insoluble and is depended on soil bacteria to degrade the product so the Prodiamine is laying at the soil surface for up to two months before those soil temps come up enough to have the soil bacteria present to begin the clock of degrading. For the north if we get 3-4 months of control from that start time weíll have enough protection. For the transition zone the rates come up and in some markets a second application of Prodiamine may be needed as it would in a conventional program.

As for when to put down for your market I would need to know a bit more information. My college son took a summer job last year in Portland and stayed (nice area Iím told that happens a lot) so Iíve visited twice in the last year and I have a bit of an idea. I think your growing season is a little longer than the northern zone so we would probably want to recommend the transition zone product probably a March application. My wife and I are planning a trip later this summer to Portland and maybe we can get together for lunch.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Tim,

That is all great info, thanks for informing. I will be reading up on it more over the next few weeks.

On another note is there a distributar in Oregon or on the west coast?
Salt Lake City is the closest for One AP. Depending on the quntities we would be able to ship to Oregon. Go to the SiFi website www.spreaditandforgetit.com click on your state and I think Agrium may have a location for their SiFi products.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Member

This guy will be able to help you.

Andy Schenk
Sales Representative
AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY, Western Canada
aschenk@agriumat.com
Old 06-24-2010, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Sounds like a good product to me. Waiting for the generic version myself.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i know i am so far impressed, and it does not grow much different now then in spring which could be a good or bad thing! some lawns i do are fine with much less fert over a year than others, those would not be a good candidate for this, but lawns that are on contract for a yearly service it will come in handy, as also the ones that seem to lose color easily etc. i will have to sell this to some folks, but some i want to use it no matter what as it will help greatly.

some lawns i really look forward to slow down in growth rate come warmer weather and the one app product does not let up so far, still growing very well
Old 07-04-2010, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

here is more pics as promised but over due

This is my lawn right now as it is july 4 2010. it has had a few supplemental irrigations. it did get brown patch as well as many others of many types of fescue here in early june. I sprayed it with eagle and protect fungicides one week ago. in a couple more weeks, all the damage will be outgrown and gone.

the lawn is still very green and it has been hot and humid once again with some rain possible over the next two days and as we speak. it grows well and as it is in this picture is 5 days after cutting(as in i cut it last tuesday at the usual 4in. we have had some windy days so there is debri in the lawn, i will get some pics fresh mowed for all you fans and curious folk.

any quesitons, i am open for duscussion?
Attached Images

Last edited by grassman177; 07-04-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

pics after a cut, i wish there was not so much tree debri, but i did not want to double cut to chop it finer since the storms have made alot of trash in lawns.
still green and nice!
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device