Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-10-2010, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=JDUtah;3747936]Indeed. I'm pretty impressed. What's the pricing for a low volume company? I may use it, but am mostly organic based.

JD, where are you located in UT? IFA is our distributor they have several locations. They can answer the price question for your market. Depending on your market strategy for organic fertilizer it may fit better than you think. I find that a lot of natural (organic) fertilizer companies gear their marketing approach to the environment. If low environmental impact is your goal then youíre probably focusing on reduced nutrient leaching and run-off. One AP is one of the best choices if your goal is to reduce nutrient run-off and leaching. One AP applications not only reduces yearly nitrogen usage by up to 50% (while still achieving exceptional results) but also nearly eliminates nitrogen run-off and leaching.

Iíll be in Utah the first week of November. Iím co-sponsoring a One AP Fall Field Day with IFA at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT November 2nd then Iíll be in St George attending a trade show that IFA has a booth in the 3rd and 4th. If you want to attend the field day or get together while Iím out there send me a private message with your contact information.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

if you are interested then by all means contact the guy tim here, he is great to talk with and has a great product to work with.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

whats the cost per 1000 sf?

2003 ford F 150
1- 14' OPEN TRAILER sold
1- 16' open trailer
BILLMASTER SOFTWARE FOR MY LAWN CARE.
http://www.customizedbusinesssoftware.com
QUICK BOOKS FOR ACCOUNTING
1- Z SPRAY Intermediate
1- Z SPRAY MAX
2-Z PLUGGER
1-Lesco Renovator
1- CLASSEN SPLIT REEL CORE AERATOR
1- 150 GAL NURSE TANK WITH A 20 GPM TIGER PUMP.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

depends on volume etc, but i think somewhere around 5-6.50 per K. only TIm can answer this for you though with a price quote. pm him
Old 10-12-2010, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So is shipping the only option for Texas? I guess a pallet is the smallest size.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

he still gives great rates for shipping too, but like i said he wil lhave to answer that as i have only been testing it, never ordered any as stock
Old 10-13-2010, 01:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-AP TIM View Post
These photos were taken about five weeks ago on a commercial property in Provo Utah that applied One AP in March this year.
I can't recall were I have seen that structure in the picture, but I know I have been there more than once. I'd like to visit the area to check out the One-AP. I get my fert from the Provo IFA and am really intrigued by this thread.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedPro View Post
I've seen these gimmicks come and go. It won't catch on.

Humans are used to repetition and besides that they don't like change.

Try explaining to your customers you are only going to feed their lawn once a year.

You guys have a hard enough time believing in it....the client never will.

It's a good concept and theory.....and that's where it will remain.

More is better. For institutions and people doing their own? It might be minimaly popular. but it would never make it in the commercial or residential venues on a retail for hire product.

The end.
Reminds me of the PGR debate a dozen years ago where we were all going to be out of a job cutting grass. Then/now there's Buffalo grass and any other grass that doesn't need to be mowed. I remember zoysia plugs as a kid. Only cut your yard 2-3 times a summer (unless it rains like a son-of-a-gun). And lets don't forget the robotic lawnmower !!!! If it does work, great. Personally think that environmental conditions are too varied not to mention soil types to be consistent. Do I think it will change the industry? Not unless the gov't mandates it.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
So do I and it's a 3000 square foot residential. The biggest money maker on the planet. I do some commercial work but if I had my druthers, every job I did would be a working couple or retiree with a 3K resi.

Everyone seems to love the big commercial gigs, but the money is in the small ones.

And for something that's gaining ground as you say.....I didn't hear about the gimmick till last week and when I did I chuckled and thought of the pet rock.
Hey, I'm offended. I have a pet rock.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Not here. Just joined a month ago.

Don't get me wrong. Better mousetraps are great but trying to re educate the entire connsumer public isn't easy.

People like routine.

I bet if someone came out with a food that a human only had to eat once a week, it would catch on with 5% of the public but 95% would ignore it.....because they like to eat and are used to routine and find comfort in routines.

Not to mention they don't want to pay more for seemingly getting less.

Human nature says this product will not be viable in the common residential marketplace which is my niche and always will be.
That's why people love all-you-can-eat buffets. Do you NEED 5000 calories a meal?