Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twcw5804 View Post
What is the latest in the season this product could be put down? I didn't really see anyone mention specifically how they are billing their customers. If you sell it to your customers as a one time treatment are you selling it as a whole years product and then discounting 25%? I'm new to the application side of the business and want to figure out how to offer this to my customers as I know there isn't anyone around here offering it.

Also if a customer signed up that had not done any treatments on their yard before, and has a huge clover and dandelion problem how will the product work, or will other items need to be incorporated?
For Decatur IL you can apply One AP at full rate as late as May 15th but applications before April 15th will give you optimal results.

Iíve seen the billing done several ways. Sometimes full maintenance contractors already include fertilization as a part of their monthly invoice and make no change.

Most companies do realize a savings but most are careful to discount especially since other variable cost keep going up.

As Grassman stated One AP does have an option with crabgrass and annual broadleaf pre emergence but follow up with a broadleaf post emergence will be necessary for clover and dandelion control.

We currently do not have a distributor in central Illinois but can handle from our Sugar Grove IL location. This Friday weíre sponsoring an education and insight seminar in Naperville. One of the sessions is on One AP. Youíre welcome to come up for the day to learn more about the product. Several companies that have used the product will be at the session and can help with all your questions. http://www.proapfertilizer.com/pages/events.asp
Old 02-20-2011, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

What fert did you use?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

who are you refering to and what are you asking?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Your test is it spreaditandforgetit with one-aps name on it?? Reason i adk is i have sifi on order through my vendor Horizon and they put there name on the product turfgro
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2011, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i used one app direct fromt eh source.

they are a bit different. one app had more blends of certain duration fertlilizers to get more precise with the fert needs of different climates.

sifi ony had two options. i am afriad of the southern being too strong with certain numbered duration products . the one app was spot on really. i mean, really super.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The YardSlayer View Post
Your test is it spreaditandforgetit with one-aps name on it?? Reason i adk is i have sifi on order through my vendor Horizon and they put there name on the product turfgro
Posted via Mobile Device
YardSlayer, Grassman is correct, we manufacture One AP in a variety of Duration CR Types according to the growing zone it will be used in. All other SiFi blends do the same so the product youíre looking at supplied by your local supplier should be correct for your market.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i look forward to seeing you in march Tim!!!!!

I will save the phone call and confirm on here i need one pallet total.

dont worry though, i am working on more for next year!!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Has anybody here used this product in the spring and billed there customers as usual throughout the season like normal even though you made one fertilizer app? I have read many posts but still i cant figure out how to sell this stuff if my customers question my visits to the property. If i bill for lets say four apps of N for the season at 50 dollars an app, how do i explain one 200 dollar app. Some customers will get "sticker shock" and most of them don't have the time for me to educate them on fertilizer. Need some serious input here-Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

you cant sell it like a normal program with normal billing or you will be financing alot of fert!!

all i can say is to incorporate into pre pay maybe, or like it do with yearly accounts that are even pay.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks grassman, make alot of sense. Unless it is a pre-pay you run the risk of eating the apps if you bill out through the season and lose the job. Guess i will keep most customers on standard programs for now until i can promote it better.