Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Member

No they say applications, but they don't necessarily saw "fertilize 5 times"

I tell them, period. If others don't, that is their decision on how to run their business, not mine, not yours. What others do in that regard is NO concern to me.

How I bill them is my biz. And I will definitely do a fall feeding on each of the properties.

No, 100% is not new, but the way it is blended is a huge improvement.

I like it so far and I'm happy with it. Enough said.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

They don't say anything about Fertilizer "necessarily?"?

Just "applications" and they want it green?

lol

Who do you think you're kidding here. I've been bidding commercial properties since 1982 for other companies and for myself. From small industrial sites to entire cities.

I think a lot of you are taking advantage and being disingenuous with the clients and if this product is the Miracle you guys claim it to be......you don't have to do that.

Ya just have to sell them on the idea. Honestly.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't care what you think. You run your biz, I'll run mine, which I have done for 27 years successfully.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush&green View Post
We have not used our machine yet..JR. That's what killing me is the calibration. Especially with a product that costs as much as it does...We run in circles with our spreaders. When you do back and forth do you still throw to wheel mark? I calculated 100lbs for my lawn. Ended up with 20lb left over. I will have to go over again w/lesco push to spread the 20lbs. I want the 3lb high rate not the low.
lush&green, Your concern is everyone’s. This is a fantastic product to spread but you do not want to stripe, since you only have one chance a year. Many spread twice and cross their pattern on the second application to assure an even coverage. Attached (I hope I uploaded correctly) is a document to help with the calibration. Just like every fertilizer, I encourage using the settings as a guide and more importantly check your usage against your coverage to assure proper setting.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Tech helper 013602 2.5LB.pdf (150.9 KB, 61 views)
Old 04-04-2010, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedPro View Post
I have seen a couple thousand spec sheets for commercial sites and none said anything about 'visits" They were all very specific in the number of fertilization and weed control "applications" they wanted.

I'm not saying the product won't do what it says although you all think 100% slow release fertilizer is new. It's not. But I get the distinct impression people are claiming they are treating the lawn with fertilizer at these visits.....or at least the client is under that impression which isn't the case.

You may tell them shegardi....so may a few others but I believe some people are playing shenanigans with a written contract here.

Or will attempt too.

I suggest you all bill them one time for fertilization, then bill them each time you go for a "visit" and see what happens.

I can tell theres shenanigans because everyone wants us to believe that the clients are all totally in agreement with this process, and knowing humans.....theres no way there wouldn't be objectors or people not interested in this kind of radical change to their way of thinking.

Again.....I ask. What the hell is a Sifi?
SeedPro SiFi is short for "Spread it & Forget it" Look at the banner at the top of the forum and "click" or go to spreaditandforgetit.com A lot of your questions can be answered. Let me know if you want to try and I'll have our Michigan Distributor contact you. You can also contact them through the SiFi website.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

no shenanigans here, i have not even used this as anything but a non trial. so dont accuse me ok, not tolerated from me. i just dont think anyone cares, and if they do so be it. i dont have an issue telling them, but i dont feel i have to go all out and say listenup everytbody, this year you are only getting one fertilizer, any questions?

i tell folks what they want to know when they ask, most dont ask a thing either and i have changed my program more than once with little to no qualms from anyone. and some accounts i have eliminated a fert app(believe me it grows very well) and they never said a thing, just concentrated on weeds and insects that round. that is not a bad thing and they see what i have done or not on the statement of service sheet they get on the door after i am done.

i am not sure i feel the need to continue to argue this point anymore so back to my original thread ideas, anyone who is interested in this product can look here to see or and hear the results. i will take more pics next week to show any progress betweent he control and test lawn areas
Old 04-05-2010, 03:35 PM
LawnSite Member

grassman177,
Looking forward to the pics!
Thanks!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
no shenanigans here, i have not even used this as anything but a non trial. so dont accuse me ok, not tolerated from me. i just dont think anyone cares, and if they do so be it. i dont have an issue telling them, but i dont feel i have to go all out and say listenup everytbody, this year you are only getting one fertilizer, any questions?

i tell folks what they want to know when they ask, most dont ask a thing either and i have changed my program more than once with little to no qualms from anyone. and some accounts i have eliminated a fert app(believe me it grows very well) and they never said a thing, just concentrated on weeds and insects that round. that is not a bad thing and they see what i have done or not on the statement of service sheet they get on the door after i am done.

i am not sure i feel the need to continue to argue this point anymore so back to my original thread ideas, anyone who is interested in this product can look here to see or and hear the results. i will take more pics next week to show any progress betweent he control and test lawn areas
Well I don't know what kind of clients you service but if they are paying for something they aren't getting then that's not cool in my book and it's probably an actionable crime.

Nuff said.

Last edited by SeedPro; 04-05-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

you just are a hard baller arent you. what about the fact that my product cost is actually higher as i chose to do something different on the lawn and nix the fert and still charge the same price, dont you think they are getting their money worth?

these same lawns are ridden with nutsedge and third or fourth round they dont need any more fert by a long shot so i blanket spray for nutsedge which costs more than fert and touch up weeds. seriously, do you have any ability to see things in other ways but your own? it is in no way like i am ripping off anyone, and yet somehow you think so. in fact, at least most of these cutomers i have told them what i have done in conversation and they thanked me, so how would that be?
Old 04-05-2010, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chem1 View Post
grassman177,
Looking forward to the pics!
Thanks!
no problem man, i will get more this next week as to show any progress. i can tell you my lawn is super green right now, and the ultra surge growth of spring is about to hit in a week or two so we will find out how much less this stuff makes it grow.

i think i will get some during cutting pics too so everyone can see the growth difference between the two sides at the shop(control and test if you will) this will be interesting to see.