Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2010, 01:38 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yea I really liked my IHI. I think mechanically they are very refined. They utilize a four pump system which makes them very adapt at multitasking. Their controls are exceptionally smooth. More so than my TK. I would like to spend some time in a 65NX.

As far as operator station goes I then would agree with AWJ. Very old school Japanese. Zero bling, few extras. If you NEED it, its there.

I had very good support from CES out of KY.

I would definitely own another one.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:18 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The 55 specs good and falls into the same category as your Tak and My Kubota KX-161.

My only complaint on excavators this size with a zero tail swing is they are tippy. They have a bunch of reach coupled with a 36 inch bucket capacity makes for an adventure.

The Kubota is a reduced tail swing and it really helps with stability. The Tak 153 is a zts as well but due to it's unique boom swing it places the center of gravity for the boom in a much more favorable position resulting in excellent stability.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
The 55 specs good and falls into the same category as your Tak and My Kubota KX-161.

My only complaint on excavators this size with a zero tail swing is they are tippy. They have a bunch of reach coupled with a 36 inch bucket capacity makes for an adventure.

The Kubota is a reduced tail swing and it really helps with stability. The Tak 153 is a zts as well but due to it's unique boom swing it places the center of gravity for the boom in a much more favorable position resulting in excellent stability.

That is a good point. Its been so long since I have ran a typical swing boom mini I may have forgotten what its like.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That red dirt always looks so foreign to me. You could probably sell that as specialty dirt up here for infields and what not.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Here the soil has Iron in it which makes it red.
It is amazzing how complicated soil is.
I was digging at a friends house and there was a section of the yard that the water table was about 6 foot deep. Not really abnormal but within 40 foot of that spot on either side the water table was about 30 inches. This is a very low area that is all sand.
I think NC has more types of dirt then any other place. Red, yellow, gray, blue clays. All types of topsoil from black to yellow, some with clay and some with sand. some places are solid rock, some you can dig down 40' and hit nothing.

every jobs an adventure!

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 03-22-2010, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtman2007 View Post
I think NC has more types of dirt then any other place. Red, yellow, gray, blue clays. All types of topsoil from black to yellow, some with clay and some with sand. some places are solid rock, some you can dig down 40' and hit nothing.

every jobs an adventure!
NC, SC, GA all have very diverse soils. They have Mountains , Coastal and Peidmonts as well as a few more. NC has over 400 major soil types.

I agree on the adventure part.LOL
Old 03-22-2010, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Soil classifications have always been interesting. We had soil based zoning around here for the longest time....until we had our town engineer, the State of NH soil scientist, and the soil scientist hired by the applicant holding the SAME soil...but had 3 different classifications??? That sure blew a big legal challenge/hole in our zoning. Ever seen the Crayola crayon color chart from 1960 to present? The same 8 colors morphed into about 400. BTW, most soil based zoning is simply snob zoning as septic technology has made any claims moot.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
NC, SC, GA all have very diverse soils. They have Mountains , Coastal and Peidmonts as well as a few more. NC has over 400 major soil types.

I agree on the adventure part.LOL
I will agree, I never knew there were 400 different types of soil. I saw about 20 when I dropped the belly pan in the volvo the otherday

Do you have a link or site than tells you these soil types?

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall