Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2010, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

this one is getting a call tomorrow..... maybe a plane trip down this weekend......

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=7197538
Old 03-24-2010, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmtnmartin View Post
The trouble with RB auctions is that most people who go have 5 g in their jeans that they can piss away on a pickup or an attachment or a spare hoe if something catches their eye. You get deals on pallets of junk sometimes, but not too much else. Its a big dogs toy room.
Spring time auctions are bad because people are looking to buy they end up buying a POS for way too much money. With this being the grand opening of the new site and I imagine some free food there will be hoards of people there. The weather is supposed to be decent so that will make people go out.

The only time you get deals is when its pouring rain and you are going to get soaked to your ass. Then you are only bidding against a person that really wants the machine or lot your bidding on.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
this one is getting a call tomorrow..... maybe a plane trip down this weekend......

http://www.machinerytrader.com/listi...x?OHID=7197538
Your kidding right?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:02 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have gotten some great deals at RB sales. Usually its at the sales in Olympia. I think every sale has at least a handful of sleepers. Items that no one was watching and went cheap. Sometimes those are items you want most the time they probably are not. When I go I plan on buying something. If its a good deal I will buy it and resale it if I don't need it. If your savy on what current values are you can make some great buys and actually make money on the resale if nothing else.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuvecorp View Post
Your kidding right?

Yea I think I would stay on the plane and go to Daytona beach instead.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Why do you say that? Low hours, new machine at a very good price. Needs a little paint and a side panel and it will be like new. That thing is a deal.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2010, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Why do you say that? Low hours, new machine at a very good price. Needs a little paint and a side panel and it will be like new. That thing is a deal.
Posted via Mobile Device
It looks rough, undercarriage isn't peachy, doesn't have a quick coupler, only a rigid thumb and is four years old. How good was it taken care of if it looks like that? Doubt it was cared for but I agree the hours aren't that bad but I don't think that is an inspiring price. There is so many excavators out there and likely closer to you, which will save trucking costs.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I bet the u/c is in real good shape. I agree it is in rather ruf shape but not bad. I would rather buy a 2,000 hour machine in rough shape then a 7,000 hour machine in great shape. Motors, bearings and seals wear out no matter how carefull you run them. I know that first hand. And I belive it has a 5 year 5,000 hour warranty. Yes its oldish but still new in my book. Its a dash 8 machine, that's top of the line. And I would put it progressive link thumb and q/c on it also. I'm thinking 43k for the machinbe and propabaly 10k for thumb bucket and q/c. I would be buying a hardly used esco 24" bucket and 54" esco. I also have my eye on a zx135 hitachi set up with a thumb and q/c with 3,000 hours for 50k. But its older and smaller then this 200.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2010, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Member

The Komatsu looks like a woman that walks Hastings Street in Vancouver it is well used.

Myself I'am not a fan of Komatsu excavators they are built too cheap and Komatsu engines are piggy on fuel.

Another thing that machine isn't originally from Georgia how can a machine have rust on it if the climate is drier. It looks like the machine has been used around grinding wood. That side panel has been bashed in by hitting it into wood debris it has caved in the panel but it hasn't gouged the sheet metal so you can tell it is from wood debris.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I bet the u/c is in real good shape. I agree it is in rather ruf shape but not bad. I would rather buy a 2,000 hour machine in rough shape then a 7,000 hour machine in great shape. Motors, bearings and seals wear out no matter how carefull you run them. I know that first hand. And I belive it has a 5 year 5,000 hour warranty. Yes its oldish but still new in my book. Its a dash 8 machine, that's top of the line. And I would put it progressive link thumb and q/c on it also. I'm thinking 43k for the machinbe and propabaly 10k for thumb bucket and q/c. I would be buying a hardly used esco 24" bucket and 54" esco. I also have my eye on a zx135 hitachi set up with a thumb and q/c with 3,000 hours for 50k. But its older and smaller then this 200.
Posted via Mobile Device
Some of the guys that are more excavator connoisseurs would be able to say better than me but I'm not too scared of hours if it was taken care of. That Kobelco had almost 12,000 hours and would do the job at half the price. Being able to buy a machine that is all set up will be cheaper and you will hit the ground running instead of monkeying around getting it all pulled together. I like that 135 size but hard to say if a 160 or 200 is a better fit for you?