Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

running brake wires to front of trailer??

I know each of the 4 hubs on tandem has a 'positive' and 'ground'. What is the best way to wire this without the harness being 1"thick by time it is up to front of tounge? Seems that by runing across so all come up together into a 2-wire would me alot of junctions and connections farther back? guess a rust inhibitent junction box could be mounted back by axle area?..suggestions or drawings greatly appreciated. I'll be doing this once I get frame painted.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wire's

two wires out of each magnet one is ground one is power .some guy's just ground each individual ground to the frame of the trailer and run all 4 power leads to one wire and up to the plug .but i like to run all the grounds to a common point at a junction box and run a single wire in 14 gauge to the trailer plug. and all the power leads run together to a single connection point with a single 14 gauge wire to the plug .it keeps the possible problem point's down to a minimum that you have to check later when you have a problem .i like to run duplex wire for the brake power and ground .