Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2010, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Hustler or Bad Boy?

which one? 72" deck.. have not ever heard much about bad boy stuff....
Old 03-24-2010, 08:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Duk View Post
which one? 72" deck.. have not ever heard much about bad boy stuff....
which one what? If you spent some time and did some research on BOTH mowers, you could easily make your own decision.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Did you ever look at the z 590 and 580 from toro? I haven't seen many bad boy dealers around so you might want to consider that. I know both are fine machines from owning both myself with smaller decks of course.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish you were looking at another brand besides hustler so my opinion did not seem so biast but anything is better then BB. I mean your talking a 4 year warranty for hustler VS a 1 year warranty for BB.
Wright
Snapper
Snapper pro
Redmax
Snow ex
Blizzard plows
Boss plows
And fix all the rest...
Old 03-24-2010, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Member

i was looking at the bb outlaw 72" with the 31 hp kaw.... $8499.......
Old 03-24-2010, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The only good thiing about a BB is the Price. They are the sorriest mower on the market IMO.I would do the Hustler I think the warrenty is a big thing for me, if BB cant stand behind there mower they too must know how sorry it is. If your wanting to stay in that price range and still have a good mower ( I dont Know what a Hustler would run) check out the New Husqvarna PZ. you can get that mower in a Dixon, Husqvarna or Yazzo/kees(lifetime frame, deck and spindal housing. 3 year every where else). But dealer support in my opion is just as important as the waranty. Thats Just My 2 Cents
Old 03-24-2010, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorriest mower on the market huh? I still haven't had one of you guys take me up on my offer on a mowing contest. Title for title I will put a Bad Boy up against any other mower for the same retail price, and I will gladly give it away if another mower out mows me, but I would expect the other mower in exchange if mine out mows yours. If another unit outperforms the BB for the price then I am going to start using them in my mowing business and selling them at the shop. Cut would be graded in several ways by unbiased people picked up off the street.

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Old 03-24-2010, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

He asked for opions I gave mine. If your mower was so great you wouldn't have to defend like you do. If you or joe blow down the streets wants a BB then more power to them. But for my hard earned money I am not go in to throw it away at an orange hunk of junk!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-24-2010, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Member

I knew this was coming

www.ruizlawn.com
Old 03-24-2010, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHUSTLER View Post
I wish you were looking at another brand besides hustler so my opinion did not seem so biast but anything is better then BB. I mean your talking a 4 year warranty for hustler VS a 1 year warranty for BB.
Why do you continue to post deceptive disinformation? A quick 30 second check confirmed that:
a. Hustler Super Zís, according to their own web site, carry a 3 year warranty. I suppose, rather than you out-and-out lying, there is the possibly that the site has not caught up with changes in the policy, so Iíll give you that one.
b. Bad Boy Lightinings, again according to their own web site, while only having a 1 year frame warranty, carry 2 year warranty for drive train, spindle assemblies, and pto clutch.

While what you posted might have been mostly true, Hustler does indeed have a longer, overall warranty than Bad Boy, it is blatantly obvious your intent was to mislead, to represent your product in an artificially enhanced light. Such a practice not only damages both your personal and professional reputations, it also reflects negatively upon Hustler in general.

If the Hustler is all that you feel it is, and based upon my own research while shopping around, Hustler does make a good machine, let the product speak for itself as itself; donít exaggerate claims or inflate specs.