Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwost View Post
Step up Mo and put your $ where your mouth is, I want to see this (as I'm sure many others would too) and someone HAS to get video of the event. I'd also suggest a couple of unbiased third and fourth party judges. This would be a great dual, let the games begin!

who gives a crap, this is as funny as the mailbox thread.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL..........true!
- Custom striping roller
- Pingel fuel filter
- Custom FIMCO boomless spray rig

1989 John Deer 1070 Compact Tractor - 40hp/4WD
- 70 series loader
- 506 rotary mower
- box scraper
- 84" plow w/full hydo
- ballast box
- aux lights

1993 John Deere Gator 6x4
- HD Field Trax tires
- brush/fender guards
- hydraulic dump bed w/storage and bed cover
- 2" receiver hitch
- HD front suspension
Old 03-24-2010, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlojohnson View Post
Wow retro, I like it but I doubt mo would ever do it
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, you are prolly right, here is what he would have to use FasTrak Super Duty 25HP Kaw 60" STD 928481 $7,639

That was the 2009 price, but it couldn't be much more this year. I don't really think it would be fair, but I am game and like to gamble. It would make a good story on here, kinda like throwing the glove in the ring, it will be worth it even if I lose...lol.

13 Gravely 460 60" 31hp
13 BB AOS 35hp 4 cylinder Cat 72"
13 BB XP 31hp Kawasaki 61", 13' 36hp 61 xp
2013 Grasshopper 325D 61" 4x rear discharge w/suspension forks !Awesome!
13 GH 725D Rear Discharge 61" 13' 430D 72"
07 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp LC Kawasaki (just hit 3000 hours and going strong after rolling down the road and totaling out at 22 hours!)
2012 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Custom!
08 Chevy 1500 v8 Shop dog
"Mow With an Attitude"
Old 03-24-2010, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Yeah, you are prolly right, here is what he would have to use FasTrak Super Duty 25HP Kaw 60" STD 928481 $7,639

That was the 2009 price, but it couldn't be much more this year. I don't really think it would be fair, but I am game and like to gamble. It would make a good story on here, kinda like throwing the glove in the ring, it will be worth it even if I lose...lol.
I don't know what is taking Mo so long to reply back. The challenge has been made. since he continually reminds everyone how awful Bad Boy mowers are and how superior are the brands that he sells, he should be jumping at the opportunity to show up the BB brand.

I will say that I have a neighbor that has a BB mower and i've been by his place many times after he has mowed it (6 acres) and have never seen the condition (grass raising up from the front tire tracks that didn't get mowed because of a lack of suction) that Mohustler said that happened when he demo'ed against a BB mower.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=dbear;3486135] How about your intentional misrepresentation of the BB's warranty? Any comment there? QUOTE]

THE BB warranty is only 1 year and two year on there engine,spindal, and clutch. If you cant stand behind your mower better than that I dont want it.
An MTD can last more than one season.

I dont like the fact that you can go right down to batesville and pick you up a mower and bye pass the dealer, and do your own warranty work!! Wow way to be the ultimate low ballers(next to wal-mart)

I could really care less what the rest of you want to put on your trailers, if they work great for then good.

But when you compare these mowers they are no were close a commercial mower. First I want a company that will stand behind me and the mower I am using.

Second I want great dealer support!

My biggest complaint is the warrnanty and the way they do Bizz dont act like your machine is all that great at a lower price- were did they cut cost? one looks like they did in the warranty department, when you got nothing to fix then that cuts cost! were else? maybe quality?

The Pz has much better specs ( I use the PZ because its the one I am most familer with)

Starting with the warantty the Husqvarna blows it away!

The Spindals are 10 inches in diamater and 16 pounds!!- with lifetime on the housing-which should never fail but just in case they do I have peace of mind

7 gage deck with lifetime warranty lovw that!!!

Lifetime Frame

the PZ has all the options that the bad boy has including the rubber isolated for operator comfort.

The only thing the husq dosnt have is an electric deck
and doesnt have a diesel model YET!! coming this year im told.
and you cant get them COOl spoilers and chrome wheel covers Darn!! bet my clients would have like to seen that.

I may have my Dealer Talked into throwing a PZ in on the contest I would honestly like to put it up head to head with other machines!!

And as far as do I like Orange LOVE IT!!! as long as its Husqvarna Orange hahah!

I dont want to create any eniemies here I am Just stating my opnion. I hate that everyone argues on this site, it Ford vs Chevy all the time. I feel we all can debate this with out getting mad or offended. If you like the BB or any other than do whats best for you and your clients.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mruiz View Post
I knew this was coming
Always does...
Old 03-25-2010, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=castlerockmo;3486761]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbear View Post
How about your intentional misrepresentation of the BB's warranty? Any comment there? QUOTE]

THE BB warranty is only 1 year and two year on there engine,spindal, and clutch. If you cant stand behind your mower better than that I dont want it.
An MTD can last more than one season.

I dont like the fact that you can go right down to batesville and pick you up a mower and bye pass the dealer, and do your own warranty work!! Wow way to be the ultimate low ballers(next to wal-mart)

I could really care less what the rest of you want to put on your trailers, if they work great for then good.

But when you compare these mowers they are no were close a commercial mower. First I want a company that will stand behind me and the mower I am using.

Second I want great dealer support!

My biggest complaint is the warrnanty and the way they do Bizz dont act like your machine is all that great at a lower price- were did they cut cost? one looks like they did in the warranty department, when you got nothing to fix then that cuts cost! were else? maybe quality?

The Pz has much better specs ( I use the PZ because its the one I am most familer with)

Starting with the warantty the Husqvarna blows it away!

The Spindals are 10 inches in diamater and 16 pounds!!- with lifetime on the housing-which should never fail but just in case they do I have peace of mind

7 gage deck with lifetime warranty lovw that!!!

Lifetime Frame

the PZ has all the options that the bad boy has including the rubber isolated for operator comfort.

The only thing the husq dosnt have is an electric deck
and doesnt have a diesel model YET!! coming this year im told.
and you cant get them COOl spoilers and chrome wheel covers Darn!! bet my clients would have like to seen that.

I may have my Dealer Talked into throwing a PZ in on the contest I would honestly like to put it up head to head with other machines!!

And as far as do I like Orange LOVE IT!!! as long as its Husqvarna Orange hahah!

I dont want to create any eniemies here I am Just stating my opnion. I hate that everyone argues on this site, it Ford vs Chevy all the time. I feel we all can debate this with out getting mad or offended. If you like the BB or any other than do whats best for you and your clients.
You say that you don't want to create enemies on here but then you just keep on throwing insults and putdowns about BB mowers. I guess I don't understand the logic in that. Ther are alot of people that have bought BB mowers from the lower end ZT series to the AOS Cat diesel model. So how do you think that they like reading your opinion that "Bad Boy mowers are Junk"?

I doubt that most of them give a rats a$$ whether you like BB mowers or not but when you/and others call them junk, you're just the same as saying that people who buy BB mowers aren't very intelligent since you've "kicked the tires on one and determined that it's junk". I would take that as a personal insult if I owned a Bad Boy mower. (which I don't)

As for the spoiler and wheel covers and what the clients think about that; I have seen quite a few BB mowers in my area and haven't seen any of them with the wheel covers and only one home owner (bought Lightning Model) with the spoiler. I guess they don't make the buyers take the wheel covers or spoilers..huh. BTW, you said that you don't want to make enemies on here but continue to make these silly remarks about them.

Bad Boy mowers may/may not have their quirks or features that some people don't like and that's fine but they continue to change and improve their features as new models come out.

The Husqvarna PZ series sounds like a very good model for Husqvarna and time will tell as they get alot of them in to the hands of commercial cutters but what do you think that the perception of Previous Husqvarna, Yazoo-Kees and maybe even Dixon ZT mowers has been for the last 10 years? I'm not going to call them junk like you have said the BB mowers are, but I will assure you that they haven't been considered by most dealers and users to be in the upper or middle tier of the rankings of ZTs. Yes, that is just my opinion (and alot of other peoples also). If you don't believe me, use the search forum and see how many negative threads you find about Husqvarna, Yazoo-Kees mowers.

Husqvarna will Probably have a winner in the PZ model mower... which will depend on dealer network and support also. So my point is Huqvarna has had previous models with problems or quirks for quite a few years before developing the PZ series, so why doesn't Bad Boy get a chance to introduce, develop and improve their mower models as most other brands have done through the years, without being called junk from someone/and others who doesn't want to make enemies on here?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There are guys that have problems with husqvarna and call them the way they see it and in thier eyes there junk. and thats fine by me I know alot of them were not geared to the commercial guy that cuts 1000 hours a season. I do Belive that the PZ will be a winner for the Husqvarna group. as far the spoiler and wheel covers they are optins I was just making a funny.
how I feel about BB and any other mower is just my opnion and I really dont matter in the sceme of things. I could be totaly wrong about BB and of I am I will appolgize to every BB owner on this site. also to anyone who does own one I appolgize for not choising my words more carefully and calling them junk. I do belive they are along the tier of an older husqvarna in the comprable model. I DONT want to make enimies as I said early about Ford VS chevy, I am a huge ford fan. I own a 6.0 and will be the first to admit that engine was a pile of Sh**. So this isnt a I hate all BB`s and thier owners, I just stated my opinion of them.

I looked into the BB before buying my Dixon actually I have the BB catolog infront of me now. If you and anyopne else wants a BB go get one. I will give BB a lot of creadit on thier marketing and prices, as a bizz owner thats what you want to do sell lots of equipment and bottom line make money cant blame them for that. But there is a few things I personaly dont like about them and maybe that will change.

Once again I should have chossen my words more carefully and not shot of at the mouth. If a BB will last and save money up front in cost thats great. I know I wont go out and buy a Grasshopper or anything in that price range, its to rich for my blood
Old 03-25-2010, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlerockmo View Post
There are guys that have problems with husqvarna and call them the way they see it and in thier eyes there junk. and thats fine by me I know alot of them were not geared to the commercial guy that cuts 1000 hours a season. I do Belive that the PZ will be a winner for the Husqvarna group. as far the spoiler and wheel covers they are optins I was just making a funny.
how I feel about BB and any other mower is just my opnion and I really dont matter in the sceme of things. I could be totaly wrong about BB and of I am I will appolgize to every BB owner on this site. also to anyone who does own one I appolgize for not choising my words more carefully and calling them junk. I do belive they are along the tier of an older husqvarna in the comprable model. I DONT want to make enimies as I said early about Ford VS chevy, I am a huge ford fan. I own a 6.0 and will be the first to admit that engine was a pile of Sh**. So this isnt a I hate all BB`s and thier owners, I just stated my opinion of them.

I looked into the BB before buying my Dixon actually I have the BB catolog infront of me now. If you and anyopne else wants a BB go get one. I will give BB a lot of creadit on thier marketing and prices, as a bizz owner thats what you want to do sell lots of equipment and bottom line make money cant blame them for that. But there is a few things I personaly dont like about them and maybe that will change.

Once again I should have chossen my words more carefully and not shot of at the mouth. If a BB will last and save money up front in cost thats great. I know I wont go out and buy a Grasshopper or anything in that price range, its to rich for my blood
Thanks for the last reply. Fair enough to everything you said as far as I am concerned

Not to steal this thread but I am going to be watching for feedback on the Husqvarna PZ series to see how the deck performs, in varying conditions. Do you know what the price range is for a 60" model?

Also, are you going to demo one or have you already bought one?

I will also be watching how the Bad Boy outlaw performs, also the New Snapper Pro series with the new deck and the John Deere 900 series.

I actually own a Lastec 61" articulator mower and like it alot, although I would like to see a few changes, such as; more trim side deck extension, foot lift for deck larger discharge chute opening. It really excels on warm season turfgrasses. Unfortunately, I cut alot of Bahia in my area and mine will cut it pretty well in the summer but I will have to slow down more than I would in an EverRide Warrior...or probably a Scag with the Velocity Deck or a John Deere 7 iron 2 deck. I think that this new Snapper/Ferris deck and also the new Husqvarna PZ series Deck will be right up around the top performers in the bahia type lawns.

As for the original question by Original Poster; I would say that he needs to make sure to demo both mowers on his property or at least the type of property that he will be cutting and weigh the performance of them with the dealer reputaton and support that he'll be getting, along with the price and warranty coverage and go with what he feels most comfortable with.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHUSTLER View Post
Hustler does come with a 4 year warranty. Next time when you try to call out someone on missinformation, you better make sure its not A dealer who knows FACTS about his products.

And for the rest of you BB customers I have put all of my brands aginst BB and the only thing they beat me on is cost. On the last demo I did aginst BB 15 minutes after they cut the grass the front tire tracks stood back up and were completly uncut from lack of suction of the deck.

Sorry to rant more, but it agervates me when someone calls me out. My appologies.

AND RETRO.. I will put any of my mowers aginst yours. I pick the terrain and its going to be a HILL!!! good luck
MoHustler you'll lose if you cut northern grasses. I cut everyday with a Super Z and while I love the ride, it cuts like crap has since it was new in 2006 and after all the updates it still does. I doublecut everything especially when using the XR7 deck to clean up the cut. My mower been in the shop more than anything I have owned in 19 yrs of cutting with Z's.

While I haven't run a BB Outlaw I like the design, because it's an improvment over the Hustler Super Z. Better deck, better hillside stability, more dependable nothing breaks down more than a Super Z, thus a 4 yr warranty. My Hustler had only a 2 yr warranty and I used it up in 1000 hrs. Now every breakdown comes out of my pocket. I trade mine in a minute for an Outlaw.

Prove me wrong put up your Hustler if their so great. This will be fun for most of us.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong