Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-23-2010, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got any bobcat dealers near you? How about Big Dog the red hustler. For what you are doing either make will cut grass personally Bad Boy has to prove to me that they can cut and stand up in the commercial world. Maybe they can but they have had three dealers here for the last say 10yrs. and no pro cutters using them.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Bobcat? Do they have a zero turn? Not sure about Big Dog. The Oregon distributor is local to me, but the Big dog web site has no dealer locator nor does the distributor. Just a quick look over of the Big Dog and I hate the anti scalp wheels being enclosed. that just fills up with mud/grass when it is wet out, freezing up the wheels then you have to dig them out. I have to deal with that on my old Kubota belly mower tractor. Mow 150 feet, back it up on ramps and dig the scalp wheel out... drives me CRAZY!
Old 04-23-2010, 10:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I actually prefer the dual post scalp wheels. I had a yazoo that was single post and the bolts were always broke off.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bobcatturf.com
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsequick View Post
Usually manufacturers that offer big warranties are selling pieces of junk. Like KIA, Hyundai, or Chrysler. Bad boy is an awesome mower and they don't have to hide behind a huge warranty to make their product seem more attractive.
Posted via Mobile Device
This statement makes about as much sense as Obama saying he would never make another speech in the state of South Carolina because every time he got on stage a cotton farmer was trying to bid on him.

"Usually manufactures that offer big warranties are selling pieces of junk."

Now, to put this in perspective, how long would you believe a company making a piece of junk could stay in business while constantly losing money performing warranty work. Why would the thought cross a companies mind to give a three year warranty; knowing after a year it would cost them a great deal of money bringing the machine into a dealer for warranty work on a regular basis?

Give us a well thought out answer for this question?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Good to see you back PP.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTE View Post
I actually prefer the dual post scalp wheels. I had a yazoo that was single post and the bolts were always broke off.
They both have their pro's and con's.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Member

double post is fine, the big dog has *enclosed* AS wheels.

http://www.bigdogmowers.com/images/p...G_X_2-2010.pdf

Look at the wheels there, as the wheel rolls it will collect grass/mud up in hte enclosed area and eventually stop the wheel and dig ruts in the ground. I know, I have to deal with a similar design on the rear scalp wheel on my Kubota.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

From the Big Dog vs the Hustler your a fool if you don't think the Big Dog is a cheapened version of the Hustler. Come on the hustler is the oldest ZTR company Big Dog is second banana and also a 2 set distribution where hustler is essentially a 1 step(Hustler owns the mower till the dealer buys it).
Old 05-04-2010, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
This statement makes about as much sense as Obama saying he would never make another speech in the state of South Carolina because every time he got on stage a cotton farmer was trying to bid on him.

"Usually manufactures that offer big warranties are selling pieces of junk."

Now, to put this in perspective, how long would you believe a company making a piece of junk could stay in business while constantly losing money performing warranty work. Why would the thought cross a companies mind to give a three year warranty; knowing after a year it would cost them a great deal of money bringing the machine into a dealer for warranty work on a regular basis?

Give us a well thought out answer for this question?
I'm sorry its too hard for you to grasp. There are schools you can attend if you want insight on marketing and business. We like to call them colleges or universities. EVERYTHING no matter how long or short the warranty is is built in the price. Warranty is another word for insurance. If I wasn't typing on my phone then I would break it down for ya. Keypad is too small to explain something that I happen to know a little about.
Posted via Mobile Device