Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-21-2000, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

I installed a complete interior from a 1990 Jimmy in my 81 jimmy. Technically it bolted right in except for a few exceptions. The new dash pad covered my vin # (try and explain that to the boys in blue) because the vin location in the newer truck is closer to the centerof the dash by at least an inch and a half. On the instrument panel I had to cut a hole for the headlight switch and for the w/wiper switch. The radio opening is completely different. I only have a center seatbelt in the rear seat because the newer trucks use a shoulder belt set-up that is integrated in the removable half top(who-ever thought of that one should be shot, how are your rear passengers supposed to wear their seat-belt if you have the top off?) Also the power window switches are wired differently. The final result you ask? well the truck is still kind of ugly but at least the inside is nice and all these problems can be fixed.
Old 07-04-2000, 05:10 PM
LawnSite Member

I have an 86 cab on my 78 k-10. it bolted right up. only mod was to remove the cowling from in front of the windshield. also the dashes should be interchangeble i put my 78 dash in the 86 cab and if fit fine.<p>----------<br>Mudd_rat: 1978 k-10 350/350/203 4 inch suspention 3 inch body lift and 39 inch mickey thompsons<br>