Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM
OKIE LAWNS OKIE LAWNS is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 106
what do you charge per 1k sq ft for pre and post emerg

Hey guys, i am new to this site, please be gentle

Just wondered if i could get some feedback.

This is my second year to spray lawns in the oklahoma city metro area. Got my applicator license late in the season last year.. I was just wondering if i am pricing fair, or if i am too cheap/high.. i am getting quite a few lawns, but do not want to be the under cutter (TG)...LOL

I am pricing between 5-6$ per 1k sq ft for 10k and up

i am pricing most city lots 5-7k for about $40.00

am i priced too high?


oh by the way, since this matters i am spraying post and preemergent
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Young Bros's Avatar
Young Bros Young Bros is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spirit Lake, IA
Posts: 587
$40 covers 0-4,500 sq ft for us. About $8 per thousand on 10K.
__________________
1999 GMC W5500, Wanner Rig, PTO
1993 Isuzu NPR, Neelco Rig, PTO
2012 Turfco T3000i
2004 Perma Green Ultra
2 Spyker 288 Supers
6 Shurflo electric backpacks
2 Husqvarna 356 low noise blowers
Ryan Mataway Overseeder
Plugr PL410H
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2010, 06:06 PM
SeedPro SeedPro is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITSON LAWN'S LLC View Post
Hey guys, i am new to this site, please be gentle

Just wondered if i could get some feedback.

This is my second year to spray lawns in the oklahoma city metro area. Got my applicator license late in the season last year.. I was just wondering if i am pricing fair, or if i am too cheap/high.. i am getting quite a few lawns, but do not want to be the under cutter (TG)...LOL

I am pricing between 5-6$ per 1k sq ft for 10k and up

i am pricing most city lots 5-7k for about $40.00

am i priced too high?


oh by the way, since this matters i am spraying post and preemergent
You will be when you get into the 10-15,000 square foot range and up.

Bigger lawns go for less per thousand and I don't care what anyone says.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Think Green's Avatar
Think Green Think Green is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Arkansas--Mississippi flood plains
Posts: 2,704
How many applications are you doing per season?
I don't do the granular thing other than ferts, so the number of apps is important to the cost.
For my commercial accounts we do 7 rounds and the resi's without watering systems get 4 rounds.
Our rates are around yours but our cost will not be the same as you. I know that if you are getting above 5.00 per K and better then you are in the right ball park.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2010, 08:25 PM
SeedPro SeedPro is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think Green View Post
How many applications are you doing per season?
I don't do the granular thing other than ferts, so the number of apps is important to the cost.
For my commercial accounts we do 7 rounds and the resi's without watering systems get 4 rounds.
Our rates are around yours but our cost will not be the same as you. I know that if you are getting above 5.00 per K and better then you are in the right ball park.
Yeah but you'll get laughed off the porch if you quote someone with an acre 215.00
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 PM
realist realist is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: central new jersey
Posts: 74
$300 - $400 per acre, we don't get laughed at. full program 1 acre $2400 - $3200 depending on terrain and conditions.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:14 PM
SeedPro SeedPro is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,030
Oh bullcrap....lol

Never fails....you guys come along making wild claims and you're just lying through your tooth.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:29 PM
LawnoftheMonth's Avatar
LawnoftheMonth LawnoftheMonth is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 355
tg's price for an acre here is 220.00, mine is about the same.
__________________
www.lawnofthemonth.net
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:30 PM
thempikes thempikes is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 54
Min is $41.00 for us. See our website - we publish prices.

That is not overpricing - try to get any professional tradesman out to your house and compare the price he charges.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:45 PM
SeedPro SeedPro is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnoftheMonth View Post
tg's price for an acre here is 220.00, mine is about the same.
Not to be rude but I'm not buying it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Page generated in 0.11521 seconds with 7 queries