Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-25-2010, 05:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Encore extreme zero turn

Does anybody have an opinion ENCORE EXTREME ZERO TURN. I have been looking for second ZT and need some input.
Thank you,
BOB
Old 03-25-2010, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought a 52 inch with the 23 kaw in February and before that I asked the same questions. Most of the people who slammed them had never had one. Do search on encore on this site(if you haven't yet). You'll learn a lot about Encore. They only make Commercial grade and "Estate grade mowers.

The founder of Encore was one of the Co-founders of Exmark, who sold to Toro in 1988. He then started encore. It is a privately owned company just like Bad Boys and no shareholders, board of directors and so on to answer to.

A lot of people on this board think if it a "commercial " grade mower doesn't cost $8000 or more, it is junk.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Nobody around here owns one. I am leaning towards the same model you have.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Just traded in my 52" ENcore Extreme w/collection system. The mower was not meant for commercial everyday use no matter what Encore says. The metal on the deck is very thin. I had to reinforce the crb edge after a few uses because it bumped against a tree caved in. The pumps are under powered (10cc) compared to the Exmark (12cc). Parking brake never worked and the return to nuetral adjustments needed to be adjusted and I was quoted almost 2 hours labor from a dealer due to the difficult access to pumps. machine always creeped. Had pump issues and difficult time getting parts because of lack of dealers in my area. I now have an Exmark LazerHP and it works circles around the Encore. I saved alot of money buying the Encore but payed w/ headaches in the long run. You get what you pay for!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Was that the highest commercial grade mower you bought from encore? I have been thinking about getting a new exmark but they are so expensive it has made me think about getting a gravely or an encore mower cuz they are so much cheaper out the door. But I need something thats not gonna be a head ache and if it cost 2 grand more I will do it. I hate head aches lol
Old 04-02-2012, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Member

encore extreem 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1usa View Post
Thanks Nobody around here owns one. I am leaning towards the same model you have.
I have a 52 encore extreem is is the frapping shiznit. i work the crap out of mine it will do it all