Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2010, 11:23 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Anyone know or work for a ford dealer?

I need to find out if there is any way to search "new" inventory for a 2010 F550 crew cab, diesel, 4x4 XLT, or anything other than an XL base model. 200" wb.

Cant find any online really or i dont know how to find them.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My old man is a tech at Woodhouse Ford in Blair, NE. Been there for about 30 years. They are on top of the Ford F series in sales in the nation. You might want to call them and see if they can give you any information. 402-426-4126 or long distance 888-859-7697.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can PM you his name if your interested. He's the senior diesel tech and knows his stuff.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:15 AM
LawnSite Member

Go to autotrader.com you can put in the year you want new or used and search from there. You can to do an adavanced search for exact year model and options.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Member

You should be able to go to any ford dealer with the list that you have above and they should be able to find a match for it. I just had ford find a truck for me and had it shipped in. May cost some to get it to you but they should be able to find it.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rungreen View Post
Go to autotrader.com you can put in the year you want new or used and search from there. You can to do an adavanced search for exact year model and options.
did that, only a hundred or so F550s come up in the whole USA,... ya know there is many more out there than that sitting on lots.

I was told by the dealer that he can search through thousands already produced sitting ready for sale.

I'd be willing to throw anyone a few bucks just for the help in the locating of one of these without having to channel through other local dealers looking to cash in on the sale of a vehicle not in their inventory and still having to cut a deal with the dealer that does have possession of it.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbros804 View Post
You should be able to go to any ford dealer with the list that you have above and they should be able to find a match for it. I just had ford find a truck for me and had it shipped in. May cost some to get it to you but they should be able to find it.
Thats what one dealer did... but they have no pictures, won't give me a location and said its many hundred miles away......

They also gave me a set price, which was under sticker but with no negotiation basically, since i still have 2009 advertisements from last year for F550s with about 10k off sticker, im not going to spend 3k off sticker and just decide thats the best they can do.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbaylawns View Post
I can PM you his name if your interested. He's the senior diesel tech and knows his stuff.
yeah green, let me know, thanks.