Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-29-2010, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WholeSaleSteve View Post
Hello, I have brand new Z500 27hp 60" cuts in stock in my showroom for $6,999.99 plus tax. I have new 29hp G3s for $9,423.00 plus tax Cash Price!! I am located in Gainesville, Florida. Call me on my cell at 352-494-3574 and I can make you a deal. I am a high volume wholesale dealer. I sell Toro, Dixie Chopper, Hustler, Snapper Pro and Snapper. Its worth the drive to North Florida!!! Thank you,
Steve O'Grady

Steve i am about to be in the market. and the z500 with turbo deck is one i have been interested in. That is my price range. I am also interested in the snapper pro 200 with the 61 inch deck. can you give us any insight on comparing the two? Also, i hope you dont mind but i programed your number into my phone for when i have the cash. I live over in middleburg, bout an hour away.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Member

g3 hands down unreal amount of torque
Old 03-29-2010, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I too plan to get a new Toro this week or next. I was originally going for the G3...25hp, 52 inch Turboforce with bagger. However, I've decided to go with a Z500 with 27hp, 52 inch Turboforce. The G3 is too new and I know there are still bugs that'll show up. Plus, I'm not sold on the rod/deck system. What happens when you hit something rather hard with the deck...will the rods bend? The chain/deck system seems to have more give and flexibility. I asked my dealer if he had the money what mower he'd buy...and...he said the Z500. They have been around for years and have proven themselves. My only complaint...Toro prices are nuts! I like Kohler motors so much better than Kawasaki. I've had three Zs with Kawasaki engines...all 23hp and all were crap. Major issues every 200 hundred hours. My mower with the Kohler Command...2000 hours and not one single issue. I also dislike the gas tank on the G3. Too small of an opening and what happens when the digital gas meter goes bad? You can't open the cap to see how much gas you have left.
2 -Toro Z450 w/ Bagger + Striping Kit
32" Lesco w/ Sulky & Bagger
36" Lesco w/ Sulky
3 - Husqvarna Push Mowers
Lawnboy Push Mower
Husqvarna 125E Combi w/ Hedge Trimmer
2 - Husqvarna 223L Trimmers
3 - Poulan Pro BP400 BP Blowers
Husqvarna 125BT BP Blower
Tanaka TPE-260PF Stick Edger
Cyclone Rake
3 - Stihl Hedge Trimmers
Western UniMount Plow
Buyers Salt Spreader
www.facebook.com/yardatwork
Old 03-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Sponsor

Yard at work, Make the drive to florida and save several thousand dollars. I sell wholesale at prices less than your local dealer pays for the units. I have over 100 Ztrs and mowers in stoack and am in north Florida right off I75.

Thanks,
Steve

WHOLESALE TO THE PUBLIC "LOWEST PRICES--WORTH THE DRIVE"

Toro*Hustler*Dixie Chopper*Snapper Pro*Snapper*Red Max*Tanaka

9420 NW 13th Street
US HWY 441 North
Gainesville, Florida 32653
352-494-3574 Direct Line
352-379-3130 Showroom
Old 03-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Sponsor

Big Fish, Thank you for your consideration.

I think both mowers are really excellent units. I own the dealership and also own a commercial lawn mowing company. All of the units I sell I use on my lawn crews as well.

I would suggest using both units and see which one you prefer. Trying to compare the two is like trying to compare and Ford and Chevy truck. Both are more similar than not but often times brand loyalty gets in the way of a true comparison.

I look forward to meeting you. Thanks.

9420 NW 13th Street
US HWY 441 North
352-494-3574 Direct Line
352-379-3130 Showroom
Old 03-30-2010, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WholeSaleSteve View Post
Yard at work, Make the drive to florida and save several thousand dollars. I sell wholesale at prices less than your local dealer pays for the units. I have over 100 Ztrs and mowers in stoack and am in north Florida right off I75.

Thanks,
Steve
Dont forget to drive right back down there when you need the mower fixed ASAP cause your local dealer isnt going to help you much then.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Dont forget to drive right back down there when you need the mower fixed ASAP cause your local dealer isnt going to help you much then.
Why wouldn't a local dealer want to help? They are still making money off parts and labor. If the machine is under warranty, thats not costing the dealer anything either. Even without warranty, my Toro's are rarely in the shop. I drove to Cincinatti to get one of mine. . . . . Will I again to save a couple grand ? ? ? ? ? ? ? YES!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Sponsor

Toro warranty is good at any dealer nationwide. Toro approves and scantions internet sales as long as the unit is picked up in person from the retailing dealer. Feel free to contact Toro correctly for verification of this. Thanks for your comments.

9420 NW 13th Street
US HWY 441 North
352-494-3574 Direct Line
352-379-3130 Showroom
Old 03-30-2010, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmorgan89 View Post
Why wouldn't a local dealer want to help? They are still making money off parts and labor. If the machine is under warranty, thats not costing the dealer anything either. Even without warranty, my Toro's are rarely in the shop. I drove to Cincinatti to get one of mine. . . . . Will I again to save a couple grand ? ? ? ? ? ? ? YES!
I am just saying that you wont get pushed to the front of the line when something goes wrong on it as you may if you purchased it there. Also one day you wont have a local dealer. Dealers need to sell machines to keep being a dealer...so if nobody is buying from them, they wont be able to keep their dealer status and then you wont have a local place to get warranty work or parts. Just some things to think about.

Last edited by pugs; 03-30-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:21 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought a 2008 Toro Z500 52" 27HP Kohler for $6799.00. It is brand new the only thing I didn't like is that I have to buy the extra scalp rollers for the rear because they are an option not standard. No turbo force, but it is the same deck it just does not have the movable baffle. I would not move it if I had only anyway. Its a great mower, I could not beat the price.