Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark vs Stander

hello,
i see alot of people on here are using wright standers. i have always used a bobcat gear. i would like to switch to hydro. i have a wright dealer it is just 30min away. i am also looking at the tthp or tt 52". i am completely in a jam. i have been using the exmark dealer for my whole life and my dad has before i was born. i am completly stuck on what to do. the wright which seams to be very popular or a tt with a sulky. i have ridden the a tt with a sulky and enjoyed it but i just dont know what to do.....why do i see alot of wright and not much exmark. i also see alot of walker but i am not getting one till the fall when my local dealer has 3 or 4 in stock.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I run both, Exmark and a Wright ZK but my dealer carries both thank god. They are my two favorite brands IMO. If your exmark dealer treats you well then I would stick with them. You could always look at the vantage from exmark. What kind of stander are you looking at?
Old 04-24-2010, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Either mower would be fine depending on what you want to use it for, don't go for a brand just because a lot of people have it though.

So is your question more of "Which mower, stand on or walk behind?" or "Which brand, Exmark or Stander?"

I'm sure either brand will be fine depending on dealer support, but you need to decide what mower would be best a stand on (more compact and usually faster) or a walk behind (great for hills but a little larger and slower)
If then God so clothe the grass, wich is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more [will he clothe] you, O ye of little faith? (Luke 12:28)

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. (Romans 14:8)

Last edited by clean_cut; 04-24-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thank you two for the response. i am asking which is better walk behind or stander. i wont be doing many steep big hills but i do have alot of quick and short very steep hills that always screw up my stripes may i add. i am looking at a 52 rh or just a plain old 52 wright. i have thought about the vantage but my dealer is nice and told me not to buy it untill they fix a few flaws like everything has.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

could a regular or rh stander do a hill like this?
Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My Wright Stander ZK has no problem on hills. I have one hill at my house that is a good 30 degrees, ill take pics this weekend and I have to go slow but it holds the hill without any slipping.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Member

i def give plus 1 for wright. thats what i run and LOVE them. they are amazing machines. there small so you can turn super easy. fit more of them on the trailer. fit more in your shop/garage or where ever. but i wouldnt reccomend the RH stander. i talked to my local dealer about them and he said to stick with the normal stander. he said the striping with the RH isnt near the quality. if you wanna see some good quality pics shoot me a pm. also i mow quite a few hills with the 48 and i havent had any problems yet. but your properties could be quite a bit different from mine. hope this helps a bit.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm getting an Exmark 52" Vantage tomorrow, I have used them quite a bit this spring and they are awesome. They have held every hill we have put them on and they are reasonably priced because if you're looking at getting a TT with a stand on it's only $200 cheaper but then you have the hassle of that stand on to mess with, the Vantage you just fold up the platform.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Member

I got my Vantage today and that son of a gun is freakin awesome!!!!! I stepped up and got the Kawasaki 24hp in a 52". Little more money but I have always had great luck with the Kawasaki motors. I have a hill on the side of the house that's flipped a regular lawn tractor and the Vantage straddles it with no problems!! I don't have anything bad to say about it and think if you have been with Exmark, stay with what you know!!!