Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-16-2010, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Brush Cans

I just got a brush can in, wow what a difference in application. I will be ordering more of them for the shop, and hopefully have a few for the shelve that is if I don't horde them or go threw them I will post a pic as soon as I can I will be taking the mower to a show this weekend that I was working on and as promised I will be wearing my new fluid film shirt on the first day I am also thinking of giving away fluid film with the mowers so that they discharge better, that or coating the decks myself before they go out. It might help get interest in my undercoating service, they will see the value in fluid film first hand that way.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

by the way has anyone tried ff on blade bolts? I would guess it might work better then anti seize as the real problem is rust but I am a little worried it will not stay tight...
Old 04-16-2010, 01:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice feedback! The brush cans are becoming pretty popular. They definitely have some good applications.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwaters View Post
by the way has anyone tried ff on blade bolts? I would guess it might work better then anti seize as the real problem is rust but I am a little worried it will not stay tight...
AntiSeize on bolts will always be the best solution...I use it on anything I plan to take apart in the future...especially if its exhaust related. FluidFilm prevents rust but does not leave behind a graphite and grease film that prevent the binding of bolts, don't get me wrong, FF is great stuff, but AntiSeize is in a world of its own.

Lubrication has no affect on bolts backing out provided they are tightened to proper torque specs. A lubricated bolt tightened to 100 foot pounds will stay tightened just as well as one tightened to 100 foot pounds without lubrication.

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 04-17-2010, 06:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yeah but anti seize leaves a film that customers seem to think is their bolt coming apartI am sick of having my customers come back in complaining of us over tightening their bolts and destroying them then having to show them the procedure of putting on the anti seize when we put the bolts in. I have yet to ever have a bolt come in damaged just coated with anti seize but if fluid film works at all it might be a better solution for us.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just explain to them its a graphite based product. The reason anti seize works so well is that even on parts that get super hot the graphite never burns off. For blade bolts I would guess any grease based lubricate would suffice provided grease was applied every time the bolts were removed.

You could always print a sign saying you use a graphite based compound to prevent seizing of bolts and that its not metal shavings on the bolts they remove. If I took my mower in for service and found out the mechanic used anti seize I would be thrilled.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2010, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i always coat my bolt blades with fluid film. got almost 52 hours on my mower and aint had a single problem yet
Old 04-23-2010, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I love testimonials...