Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-30-2010, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Turf Tiger vs. Lazer Z

alright guys right now i have a scag 48" hydro and I used to have a 48" exmark viking hydro...both great machines that I love. Now i'm looking at the tiger vs. the new lazer. here are the specs and prices...

Turf tiger 61" 31hp EFI $12789. 2700 for the bagger

Exmark 61" lazer Z 29HP kohler EFI $11699 2700 for the bagger

The exmark has NO grease fittings....totally sealed everywhere.

Scag has a driveshaft though.....3 year warranty on the scag's motor....i'm assuming 3 years on the exmarks too....

so what's YOUR opinion? I have a good relationship with 2 dealers for both brands within 20 minutes of me.

thanks guys, good luck this season!
Old 03-30-2010, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Neither god that is a lot for a mower holy ****. I hope your raking in the cheese.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

I ALSO have a Toro 52" hydro WB that has treated me well. Any opinion on the new Toro G3's??
Old 03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I would see if the Scag dealer can get a Promo Briggs 35Hp in the 9K to 10K range. For the bagger I would ask for pricing on a trac vac. Can't stand spindled powered baggers.

Also I was quoted 10K for the Lazer AS w/27 Kohler.

Guessing you like kohler engines and efi from your engine choices. The 35 Briggs guys say get 1.5 gal/hr which isn't bad.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered a Lazer 60" (not 61 BTW) 29 Kaw for 10,208 plus $2799 bagger. Not sure what price difference is for the Kohler EFI but I wouldn't think $1500. Different part of the country though so it may not even be relevant.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:09 AM
LawnSite Member

yea it is a lot of money for a mower....hoping I get some big commercial accounts this year...

and im actually not a fan of kohler, i prefer kawi, but i want EFI and exmark doesnt have a kawi EFI and on the scag the kawi EFI is 2hp less, (29) and has a 2 year warranty as opposed to the kohler's 3 year.

I want to go EFI because it will be lower on gas costs long term. I know gas will be going up to over 4 dollars while I have this mower and if I can save 20% on fuel costs for a year, it might mean a few hundred bucks...over the life of the mower that adds up!
Old 03-31-2010, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I sell alot more of the Kawi DFI over the Kohler EFI. But everyone says the kohler is a nice engine in the EFI options. I just like dealing with kawi better then kohler. But yes the guy above was right, the Briggs is one hell of a engine in a non EFI option. Either the scag or exmark are good mowers. You will honestly be happy with either mower. Just see which dealer is going to work for you better.