Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-01-2010, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwelve View Post
This year is the worst start we have ever had since starting in the business 10 years ago.
So far we have lost 6 residential accounts and one large commercial account and are on the verge of losing two more large commercial accounts, all do to price. No one seems to care anymore about quality of work or the numerous services you provide, it`s all about price.
I opened the local merchandiser this morning and looked under lawn care services, there were 22 listings for lawn care services, some I have never heard of before.
Obama sure has this country screwed up and especially the economy.
It has has me so depressed I am thinking about giving up the business.
I cannot do a half a#@ed job, I want my properties to look the best I can possibly do, in the past my business was built on quality and dependability, not price.
What are other LCO`s seeing this year
Sorry, just had to vent some.
i hear ya brother....i hear ya...this sucks
Old 04-01-2010, 12:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LwnmwrMan22 View Post
This post should be a sticky on top of the home page.

Please stop the poli chat, hijack a thread in the off-topic forum.
marty grunder is a joke
Old 04-01-2010, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Lost 3 for the Year ....but have gained 7 ...so plus 4 for the year so far. 2 of the 3 I just do not want to do because they are in my subdivision and want to pay crap. The third is a older lady that held on to me until last month, but has been paying her daughters mortgage as her daughter lost her job over a year ago. Daughter moved in with Mom. Said she was going to cut the grass, the Mom said I will prob call you back in about two months when she loses her gumption. Like the sound of that.

Price is is a issue for sure this year with the customers, I had one of my existing customers question me today if I could lower my price to meet the price of a flyer they got over the weekend. It was for $12 a cut!!!!!! I laughed at first and then saw she was not laughing. After a explanation of how I have a license to pay for, and insurance so if I would damage to her property she would be covered and of course I asked her if she was satisfied with the quality of job I did. I am happy to say that at the end of the conversation she agreed that the quality of job was most important and she would stay with me. It is amazing as her husband has been unemployed for over a year and she does not work!

I do feel for you guys up north though, well at least those of you that do not do snow removal, after this harsh winter are you guys getting started later than normal?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!