Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-31-2010, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Shaking when going uphill

Hey guys I just picked up a 2008 52/23 with 500 hours.

When I tested it out on flat ground it worked great. Now that I got it home I tried going up a slight incline and the gas tank and the donaldson filter shake pretty badly. The engine seems to make plenty of power and it's running on both cylinders so i'm thinking it's a hydro issue. I checked some things out and all the bolts seem to be tight, the hydro belt is a little smooth and glazed but other wise seems decent.

Any ideas or suggestions on what to check? Also how can I find out if the unit is still under warranty.

I should also mention that it does it with the blades disengaged, and the mower seems to track straight.

Last edited by Greenery; 03-31-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Sponsor

Greenery,

This is an unusual problem, what bolts did you check? That was our first thought also, engine bolts and mounting bolts for the pumps and wheel motors. You mention the blades disengaged does it not happen when the blades are engaged? Have you checked the level of the hydro fluid?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Although it's somewhat unusual, a wheel rubbing on the deck will make it do that,
make sure those rear tires are filled to the psi as stated in the Owner's manual.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I checked the pump and wheel motor bolts. And yes it does it with the blades engaged also. Hydro fluid level is good and has been changed once per year. I dropped it off at the dealer today so hopefully i should know whats going on soon. And whats up with only honoring the warranty to the original purchaser?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2010, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No comment i guess?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Sponsor

Greenery,

We were waiting to hear the dealer evaluation on the shaking, any word? A transferable warranty has been talked about but never implemented. Do you find other warranties in the industry are transferable?

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well I just heard back from the dealer and they stated that it was the belt.
I'm a little leary about that as they also stated that they didn't try it on a hill. I'll be picking it tomorrow and hoping that the belt truly was the problem.

As far as the transferable warranty i'm not sure how most manufacturers do it but I was told exmark is transferable. Honestly I would think you as a manufactuer would have researched that when you came up with your warranty details. Also ongoing research in order to stay competitive with other manufacturers especially seems how more and more stand on units are coming to the market.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenery View Post
Well I just heard back from the dealer and they stated that it was the belt.
I'm a little leary about that as they also stated that they didn't try it on a hill. I'll be picking it tomorrow and hoping that the belt truly was the problem.

As far as the transferable warranty i'm not sure how most manufacturers do it but I was told exmark is transferable. Honestly I would think you as a manufactuer would have researched that when you came up with your warranty details. Also ongoing research in order to stay competitive with other manufacturers especially seems how more and more stand on units are coming to the market.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks Greenery for your input. Our research has indicated that most manufacturers in our industry do not have a transferable warranty. We were just curious what your experience has been thus far. Again, it is something that has been considered, but not yet implemented.

Thanks,

Wright Manufacturing
Old 04-06-2010, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So do you guys feel that the problem I was experiencing could be due to a bad belt? Like I said earlier the belt was a little glazed and smooth but was intact with no chunks missing and the tension seemed fine.

Also the dealer stated that when they made their first test run that the hydro belt snapped on them.

I also appreciate your input as well I think it's great that you guys are on here.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I hope it was just the belt slipping but my SZ was jumpy going up hill just before the pump or wheel motor failed. I cant remember which!

Youtube Channel... http://tinyurl.com/l9a3843