Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-17-2000, 03:06 PM
rusty86

Thanks to all (esp. Yortingel) on the gas tank brackets -- looks like I'll have to cough up the $100 for a new set. Another problem has cropped up, though -- related to my trouble getting the wheels off. I wanted to pull the cross shafts ayway & change the seals while I did my brake job, but the busted section of lock screw stuck in the pinion shaft made that impossible, so I went ahead with the brakes, and sure enough, on the left side, the right side is leaking onto the brake plate. Not a lot, I can get by for a while, but those shafts will have to come out, or I guess I'll have to change the whole axle. Anyone know if this screw can be drilled out?<p>Richard
Old 06-18-2000, 08:22 PM

My local GMC shop took one that was broken like that out in a half hour. I was well pleased with the cost on that job. No idea what they did though. There's no way to get in there with a drill and a left hand bit or I would have tried it myself. I DID contemplate trying to stick a welding rod to the broken stub but chickened out.