Register free!

Old 04-04-2010, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Whats the best sticker

Hey all,
I think thats what you call it, sticker prevents drift?

I picked up a bottle of Bonide Turbo Spreader Sticker on my last visit to Southern States as thats the only thing they had. I used it last week and notices a big difference when I sprayed; could actually see the ground was wet where I sprayed and never could before.

Upon closer examination on the side of the bottle (No Label) I see it mentions better distribution to the foliage better and briefly talks about "reduce leaching and product waste" which I assume is drift?

Is this what I need to control drift and is there anything better you all recommend?

http://www.norganics.com/label/turbospreader.pdf

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 04-04-2010, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

man i love the LT700 , way better then the sulfking and sticker
Old 04-04-2010, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
Hey all,
I think thats what you call it, sticker prevents drift?No it does not, prevent drift by not spraying in the wind or use larger droplet size

I picked up a bottle of Bonide Turbo Spreader Sticker on my last visit to Southern States as thats the only thing they had. I used it last week and notices a big difference when I sprayed; could actually see the ground was wet where I sprayed and never could before.Why are you spraying the ground and not the target plant?

Upon closer examination on the side of the bottle (No Label) see the link YOU posted below to the LABELI see it mentions better distribution to the foliage better and briefly talks about "reduce leaching and product waste" which I assume is drift?ummm leaching is not drift....

Is this what I need to control drift and is there anything better you all recommend?spreader sticker will not control drift, what I recommend is learn what you are doing.....

http://www.norganics.com/label/turbospreader.pdfThis is one for the record...you stated above the bottle has no label but then post a link to the label
see above comments.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The stuff is like a strong detergent. It wets the weeds better--thereby reducing runoff. Helpful if you have weeds that are waxy or hairy or otherwise hard to wet--like clover. There are many other similar products.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
The stuff is like a strong detergent. It wets the weeds better--thereby reducing runoff. Helpful if you have weeds that are waxy or hairy or otherwise hard to wet--like clover. There are many other similar products.
Or weeds like nutsedge which I know I'm going to have

Pre-ems won't take care of the nutsedge so I know I'm going to have to spray for that.

Thanks guys, I'll look into this

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women
Old 04-04-2010, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Riggle
Will this BONIDE help at all with drift?

I wanted to kill off some grass today and use it seeing its not windy "YET"!!!

Then God created Women
Old 04-04-2010, 12:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose85 View Post
man i love the LT700 , way better then the sulfking and sticker
OK, think I found it??

LT or is that a type O??

http://www.sunnygardens.com/products...ant_000042.php

Then God created Women
Old 04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Is LT700 better than lesco spreader sticker? Is it the same kind of sticker? Is it ionic or non-ionic?
2004 Perma Green Ultra
2 Spyker 288 Supers
6 Shurflo electric backpacks
2 Husqvarna 356 low noise blowers
Ryan Mataway Overseeder
Plugr PL845 Pro VS
Plugr PL410H
Old 04-04-2010, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Bros View Post
Is LT700 better than lesco spreader sticker? Is it the same kind of sticker? Is it ionic or non-ionic?
So it is LT not LI???

Had a hard time finding it but the link I posted above says nonionic

Then God created Women
Old 04-04-2010, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

sticker-and a drift product a seperate- spreader sticker gives you better coverage on the weeds- a drift product will tighten up the pattern to reduce drift from target-tried a few drift products this spring and had problems with it binding to the pre-emergent, broadleaf mix,so I say no to the drift product and would use a larger spray tip, if a little windy;

we have a lot of nutsedge here and crop oil is good when temps are a little warmer and the cost per k is half compared to sticker