Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-23-2010, 02:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What brand of wall is this? It looks amazing!

Old 12-23-2010, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Landscapes View Post

I think it's the Belgard 'Belair' Wall Collection. Or at least looks exactly like it...

"Without purpose ... goals, ambitions, and dreams aren't worth the paper they're written on. Without direction, a business plan, no matter how carefully written, is simply a bunch of words ruining a perfectly good blank sheet of paper."
Old 12-23-2010, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How was the season man? Hope all went well.

ICPI Certified Installer / NCMA SRW Installer
Rutgers University - Landscape Design
Brookdale Community College - Horticulture
Process of getting Irrigation License

2003 Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel
1996 Ford F-Super Duty Mason Dump 4x4 Diesel
A lot of fun tools to get the job done RIGHT!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Graves, that's techo block and it sucks to install.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-24-2010, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Member

that is not techo its belgard belair wall....please stay on a lawn mower
Old 12-30-2010, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGiant94 View Post
Hey Scag! Hows everything going with you? I hope business has been good. Anything new?
Oh Boy yeah....this is the first time i have been on this site since well probably late spring or early summer. I dont even know where to start. We bought an almost new Bobcat t190 with tracks, a few more lawn mowers, another truck and I think thats it. Were in the process of building a new shop. 40x60. Its going to be really nice, I am sick of all my equipment being scattered around. Also I bought 20 more acres right next to my 17. This is where we are building the new shop. We had 3 good jobs to do but the weather has put us on hold. We have already had 6 snows this year which us unreal for us. So yeah things are going great, and my working and financial goals for the 2010 were met and even exceeded greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayM View Post
Scag, what kind of attachments do you have for your John Deere? I see you've got the front end loader and back hoe. Anything else? What made you go with the tractor instead of a dingo, bobcat, or some other compact/full size skid steer?
backhoe bush hog, 4-1 bucket, yard box probably going to sell it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Green View Post
How come you didn't put cap stones on the one wall in the pics on page 2?
Customer was to cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinerCutslawnCare View Post
What percentage of your business is actual mowing and then landscape design and install? Everything looks great. Also where did you go to school to get your degree in irrigation and landscape design and construction?
We got 2 and sometimes 3 guys who mow. 1 guy who does Maintenance, and I run the crew who does all the new installs, excavating and I have 2 guys that help me. Are biggest money maker is Landscaping, I couldnt tell you any percentages though lol. Me and a few of the guys have taken most of are classes at Purdue University. a few odd classes ICPI, SRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright48 View Post
Im 22 Pretty much just doing applications and maintenance right now some small landscaping stuff that i can handle or what this economy will throw at me. How did you learn how to do pavers and brick and everything so young? and where did you get the money for all the equipment? that shits expensive haha im still paying my mowers off and about to take another loan out to get a bigger trailer.
ICPI, SRW are great classes for pavers and retaining wall, you can learn from reading different books too. I started with a push mower when i was 15, and have worked my way from there. For a long time all the money I earned I just stuck it back into my company buying equipment, and its payed off for me. Good luck with your biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Landscapes View Post

Belair, Belgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveslawncare View Post
I think it's the Belgard 'Belair' Wall Collection. Or at least looks exactly like it...
Yup you got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDavisLandscapes View Post
How was the season man? Hope all went well.
Thanks, yes it was a great season couldnt of asked for a better season actually. Hope all is well with your company

All try and post some pictures sometime soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
Graves, that's techo block and it sucks to install.
Posted via Mobile Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatinmulchbeds View Post
that is not techo its belgard belair wall....please stay on a lawn mower

Dodge 3500 Laramie
Dodge 2500
chevy 2500HD
GMC 2500HD DMAX!!
Chevy 1 ton Dump
Scag Tiger Cub
Scag Tiger Cat
Scag Wildcat
Atlas 7x18 enclosed trailer
6x14 landscape trailer
Atlas 7x14 dump trailer
PJ 20ft equipment trailer
Bobcat 331 Excavator
Bobcat t190
John Deere Equipment
all Stihl products

LOOKING FOR A NEWER CLEAN MID SIZE DUMP TRUCK (duramax is what i would prefer)

C & H LAWN/Landscaping Inc.
"An Investment that just keeps growing"
Old 12-31-2010, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just be happy to have the opportunity to build such a business without Big Brother killing it or hoardes of wetbacks doing the work for taco money. Having affordable land and a North American economy helps too! Great work and I expect more progress in 2011!
Old 12-31-2010, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Just be happy to have the opportunity to build such a business without Big Brother killing it or hoardes of wetbacks doing the work for taco money. Having affordable land and a North American economy helps too! Great work and I expect more progress in 2011!

Well, it's refreshing to see that racism is still alive and well these days.
I've perused this forum for about 2 years and rarely, if ever posted to this site, but I just had to comment after seeing such small-minded comments by what I'm sure is a small-time LCO. I am one of a "hoard of wetbacks", I own a landscape management company in South Florida, and 2010 revenue looks to be a bit under 1.3. Until your post, I had completely forgotten that I was in this only for the taco money. Thanks for clarifying, tallrick.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
Wy do you guys have to always blame someone else for you not having work. Get out there and hustle! I too am Hispanic and everything for me is on the up an up. We are planning on running 5 crews next year, but I guess I am just a wetback doing this for chump change. Sorry but this beaner drives a new chevy and spends more on boots than you probably spend on all your walmart clothes.

To the op, you look to have a great company going for you. Keep it up!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2010, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to offend anyone but just writing what I have been told. With all the people I know who mow lawns, they tell me the same thing. One of them was from the midwest and was shocked to see how things work in South Florida. Another is a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico and he complains the most about the illegals! Trying to run a business by the book when others do it under the table. Having rich clients makes it worse as the more money they have the cheaper they seem to be. I know people who have tried to set up a legitimate business and became frustrated with the red tape. Rampant insurance fraud in this area makes it the most expensive in the country. If these things were not true why would I hear the complaints on a daily basis? You never see businesses grow like the one on this thread, but a lot of struggling unemployed people trying to make a living. The other growth industry is trash picking for scrap metal.