Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-12-2010, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Terminator/Eliminator blades

I just ordered and eliminator and terminator blade for my 21 to see how they do. ordered from here http://www.componentsplusparts.com/

They don't look too bad, but I am used to the suction and lift i get from my high lift blade. I typically discharge. The termintator blade is supposed to have more lift than the eliminator. I tried a gator a while back and was not impressed, took it right off. The cut was poor and the discharge was weak.

If anyone has any opinions on the terminator or eliminator blades, please reply, would like to hear it, I am worried I bought another gator blade, don't want to waste the time. Hoping it has more lift than the gator.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know the answer for a 21 in mower but I bought a set of Eliminator blades for my 52 in deck late August to use for mulching up the leaves. I was antious to see how well they would work so I put them on early. I found they left a lot of stragglers and I had to go over everything twice. I will say they did leave the yard looking good with two passes and, when I put on the chute blocker plate they really did a good job on the leaves in November.

Bryansong

2009 Scag Wildcat
Echo trimmer
Old 04-12-2010, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have used the Terminators for several years on my 52" Tiger Cub.......

Not gonna get in a big debate over good... better.... best... blades because grasses differ so much around the country. Also decks.... operators..... and expectations.

Having cleared the air for that.... Personally I think they are the best blade for the money you can get. Used them for all season cutting here in zone three. They are very nice people to deal with when you order, Sue is great.... or if you want to talk to an engineer, all you need to do is ask. They make the blades for Scag, so they are tougher than the hubs of hell. I wish they made a high lift too. Understand it is a patent thing with Scag.

Never really gave the wavy gravy Eliminators much of a try cause I HATE sharpening them!!!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback, i think I will save the elminitators for leaf shredding.

Lawn Pawn, With the terminators do you get a good amount of lift? Do you discharge?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2010, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure if that size is out yet but Oregon has a new blade called the G6. I use it on my 36" and they r great. They have very good discharge, leave a great cut, and good lift. Check them out, you won't regret it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-13-2010, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn Pawn, With the terminators do you get a good amount of lift? Do you discharge?

They did work as good for me regarding lift.
I never bag with the Scag.
I did make a flop up/down steel plate for mulching, they work good. If everything is bone dry the leaves disintegrate!

The Velocity deck is so nasty for generating air flow I have never used high lifts.
It is a noticeable reduction in the grass blades discharged cut length with the Terminators.
They are a life saver on certain properties that have gotten too long between mowings.

Having bragged up the Terminators.... I will add for a good standard blade.... try RUSSO in Chicago for Oregon Blades. Got a 10 pack for less than $6 a piece for my Scag 52" and Wright 36" .... as they are the same blade.

No comparison for quality between them and Terminators.... but a very good blade for that price. Russo are good people to deal with too.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

That is great news. I have been searching for the right blade to shred, but still discharge well, sounds like the terminator is the one.

I was waiting on the new Gator g6 blade, they look to have the same idea, but there is not g6 for my mower yet.

Thanks all!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Blades arrived, look nice, I can tell the terminator has more lift than the gator by looking at it, the eliminator looks mean, but I will have to wait until fall on that one.

Expecting 2 days of rain, I will write up my thoughts on the terminator over the weekend.

Thanks again for all the info.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:50 AM
LawnSite Member

By chance do they help reduce the grass that sticks to the deck?
Old 04-15-2010, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I just ordered the eliminators for my 36" walkbehind w/ mulching deck. I'm kinda mad bc they come in the day I get done with my accounts for the week and I REALLY need new ones.

My current blades are shot even after being sharpened they leave behind stragglers especially in thin weedy areas and they are not the best for mulching leaves.

I'm hoping the eliminators will eliminate my current probs. Anyone with the eliminators on a walkbehind with a mulching kit, let me know how they do please. Thanks yall

Tags
blade , eliminator , gator , mulcher , terminator