Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2010, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

wright standers are great! they have been around and have worked out all the kincs. im not sure where you heard they do not provide a high quality cut because the cut is flawless. Try one ASAP before making any decisions!
2009 Wright Z 61/25 Kawasawki
2005 John Deere Quick Trac 647 48" 19hp Kawasawki
SCAG 52" HYDRO WALK BEHIND21"
21"Lawnboy insight
21" Lawnboy gold series
Stihl fs90 straight shaft trimmer
Stihl fc 90 edger
Stihl bs400 blower
echo pb 245 blower

Too much heavy equiptment and handhelds to list

YOU PAY FOR THE STRIPES I LAY
Old 05-13-2010, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wrights are good mowers, but both the Exmark and the Toro will out perform a Wright on cut quality any day. Around here I prefer the Turbo Force deck over the Exmark, but that is just my opinion.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

trying the vantage for the weekend, I will let you know what I think. Decisions, decisions
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2010, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter1 View Post
trying the vantage for the weekend, I will let you know what I think. Decisions, decisions
Hey, while you're there can you pick me up a few of those things in the background there?

Old 05-14-2010, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

too late i already bought it all. Ok. Tried the vantage for about 3 hours this evening. My neighbors love when i bring new stuff home, ended up cutting 4 lawns in the neighborhood. love the quickness of the machine. Hate the controls, really hard to not tear stuff up(sure with practice that would end) Thought it would be more comfortable, actually tweaked my back on a big bump. It cut extremely well. No scalp wheels was an issue a few times. So my overall opinion. NO EFFING IDEA. I honestly don't know what to think. I am using it tomorrow all day, hopefully I will have an answer for you.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hehe, see...

There is a reason you don't clone a machine. All I can say is I hope Exmark was forced to clone the Grandstand, otherwise my opinion is their engineers are a bunch of lazy sloths. There were plenty of improvements to be made, but the "all new" Vantage is a glorified Grandstand.

You will get used to the controls. Though I will repeat, they screwed up by not adapting ECS to this mower.

I don't buy the fixed deck BS. It still moves independently of the front casters, so rollers should have been added. Scalping is an issue where it's not with my TTHP. The weight is a concern yep and it will tear if care is not taken.

Overall I say productivity is close to a WB, but with less operator fatigue. Put a sulky on the WB and the WB ***** slaps it IMO except for longer straight stretches where the Vantage has a ground speed advantage. But the sulky is harder on your knees and back and leaves that Godawful line down the middle of the stripe.

I find the machine very comfortable... How much do you weigh?

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Also one other beef. There is a LOT of weight on the front casters. A LOT. Good thing they're not pneumatic or I would have torn them off the bead numerous times by now.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 05-15-2010, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the ecs would be nice, its hard too keep that thing straight. I think the turf tracer is what I should buy, but the speed of this is whats keeping me thinking. I have some big wide open yards, but I have a FEW hills that need dealt with also. After running that thing, I don't think it could go do the hills, so it defeats the purpose for me. I'm confused. Maybe today I will see the light.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I really wanted this mower to work!! Just not good enough on hills and around here you need to cut hills. Love the speed, I think that would be great on a lot of my wide open yards. I decided against buying this machine. Feel like one of my guys are going to get hurt on it or they are going to hit something or both. Going to get a walkbehind to add to the fleet.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Not good enough on hills? What would be better? I have had a belt drive scag,, a turf tracer, and the grandstand (as well as three different Z's) and the GS beats them all on the hills. I am about 180lbs so unless you're over 200 I can't see anything doing a better job. I have used standers as well and the GS holds the hill way better.