Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-15-2010, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm wondering why you guys have hard-ons for this thing? It's not really a walkbehind or a stander so what is it. It's allready been stated that it won't replace a walkbehind and it doesn't look like it will perform like a traditional. Ride-on, sooo what's it good for? It seems as if it's just a big compromise that doesn't really meet the true needs of either.
The way i see it is why would ypu want to walk behind it? Oh wait I figured it out it stinks on hills. Your not going to be walking behind it on flat ground are you? I know you don't want this to turn into a pissing match but I just can't control myself sometimes. Don't believe the hype that your dealer is telling you, they don't know how well it works but they do k ow how much cashola they put into their pocket when they sell you this concoction of crap.

Last edited by Greenery; 04-15-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its an exmark and they have done a good job of making a brand name. People get cought up in a name not the performace of the machine. Not saying its a bad mower, I have not had a chance to put more then 20 mintues on one. But as a company they have done good to keep guys on red mowers and keep them from looking at other brands that might be better.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't exactly call it crap. I think the stander has a niche on residential stuff. A couple advantages over a walk-behind:

Faster ground speed.
Easier on my back and knees, as a sulky transmits every bump to my body.
No ugly stripe down the center from the sulky.

I think once I get used to the controls I will be faster than with the walk behind, it's just going to take some time.

One other nitpick about this thing, the chute doesn't stay open. I have to use a bungee otherwise any little bump it flops down.

I'm leaving to mow, got a LOT of residentials today on mostly flat properties, so I will be able to give it a better workout.

Originally posted by SLR:
Quote:
you really got off fortunate and lucky 5-0boy1!..imagine if you an her created a little 5boy1,now there's a nicely entangled chaotic toranado vise!
THE VERY BEST SOURCE OF INFO FOR THE GREEN INDUSTRY! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHUSTLER View Post
Its an exmark and they have done a good job of making a brand name. People get cought up in a name not the performace of the machine. Not saying its a bad mower, I have not had a chance to put more then 20 mintues on one. But as a company they have done good to keep guys on red mowers and keep them from looking at other brands that might be better.
Quote from the dealer "we are dropping wright because Exmark doesn't want us to sell them seems how Exmark now has a mower you can stand-on".
Is that how they keep you on a red machine?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenery View Post
Quote from the dealer "we are dropping wright because Exmark doesn't want us to sell them seems how Exmark now has a mower you can stand-on".
Is that how they keep you on a red machine?
Haha, that sounds about right! Give them no other options and they will buy from you. Just to clearify, I am not an exmark dealer. Nor am I a fan of the way they operate as a company. They give special shipping breaks and price breaks for "exclusive" exmark dealers. I belive thoes should go strictly off of the #'s you sell not if you carry any other brands. Thats what dixie chopper tried to do to us a few years back. It hurt thier brand name overall. Its hard to have a dealership with only one option for a customer. Not everone wants apples all the time, sometimes they want an orange.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sigh.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2010, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Keep us updated. I have been thinking of buying a Vantage.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Member

That mower sure looks nice....However if I was gonna by a stand on type mower it would be the wright...You very rarly hear anything bad about them and they have been building them forever...Just my oppionion...
Old 04-15-2010, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've done 6-8 lawns with this mower alone today. My opinion of the machine is improving. I'm starting to get the hang of the controls and my flap is striping great as always
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2010, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Now if it would hold on the hills as good as the Turf tracer Hp; that would be awesome.