Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delonglandscaping View Post
me too, trust me, also if you ever want to get rid of that 48 exmark metro, give me a hollar, i would take that off your hands so quick for the right price. I love the metro floating deck. Are the problems still occuring with it though?
No so far that season has been great with it I think I will get a metro Hp 36 or bobcat Ransome 36 later this year
Ferris 32
Toro 21
Redmax BCZ2401s, Redmax HE225f, Redmax EBZ7100 Kawasaki KRB300
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 04-17-2010, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerdude777 View Post
No so far that season has been great with it I think I will get a metro Hp 36 or bobcat Ransome 36 later this year
they dont make the metro hp anymore, i think you are meaning used right? I demo'd the bobcat 36 at rodchester lawn. They wany 3150 + tax for a 36 inch mower. I told them they could keep it. My uncle bought our 48" bobcat last fall for 2400 from them, they were giving them away, and then he said 650 more for a 12" smaller mower.

Get a good deal! And if you want my advice, i would get a hydro. I like my 36" hydro wayyyyyy better than my 48" metro belt. Take the muscle out of the mowing and allow's you to do a lot more work in the day. So far i did 29 lawns in one day and that wasnt rushing at all.

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-19-2010, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey delong, do you print your invoices and mail them or does quickbooks send them out through snail mail or something?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2010, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer Cut View Post
hey delong, do you print your invoices and mail them or does quickbooks send them out through snail mail or something?
Posted via Mobile Device
i honestly havent sent an invoice yet, i am going to be billing May 1st and i will tell you then, i have like 11,000 owed to me as of right now. FINALLY SOME CASH FLOW

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-19-2010, 08:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

damn $11k... that's a nice paycheck when they all pay lol... I'm owed $2500... just collected $7k over my spring break
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-19-2010, 12:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
damn $11k... that's a nice paycheck when they all pay lol... I'm owed $2500... just collected $7k over my spring break
Posted via Mobile Device
yea it will be nice since i have only worked about 2 1/2 weeks. Out of that 11k, 3k of it is from one person. I removed everything on their property(7 huge everygreen shrubs, arbovydes*,14: 3 ft tall box woods) the next project is complete landscaping and i am designing it now. With a 10 valve sprinkler system. a rock river with a dissapearing resivoir. I am a beginner at this, so this terminology isnt so great but i know what im doing and how to do it. Only part i am subbing out is the drilling into the house for the water line The plumber will be there thursday, all the yard is marked for water lines and flagged where the skinkler system will be. Miss Dig is coming out friday to mark the gas lines and electric lines and the city water and sewage is 7 feet down so im fine with that.

It will prob be around a 20,000- 25,000 dollar job that will take me 2-3 weeks with no help. The materials are going to be anywhere from 10k-15k so that leaves me a lot for profit and up-pricing the materials.

Insured and Licensed
Old 04-19-2010, 12:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice man... how'd tou become so knowledgeable on designing? I am prob going to college for biz then ill also be going for turf if I can... this is your career right? You're not going to sell out and go do something else after college?

Id have them pay for what you'd have in materials or like 20-50% down
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2010, 05:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How's the business?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-01-2010, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Nice man... how'd tou become so knowledgeable on designing? I am prob going to college for biz then ill also be going for turf if I can... this is your career right? You're not going to sell out and go do something else after college?

Id have them pay for what you'd have in materials or like 20-50% down
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey man , business is great and i've gotton a great system down for my routes, i work half as much as i did the first week i mowed, just got the kinks out and its almost flawless now.

Designing is easy for me because i have a CAD and architecture class as school that pretty much teaches me how to measure and do proporionate work on a computer which translates to easy reading when it comes to installing and grading surfaces, if that makes any sense. I love being imaginative on a 3D CAD program and it has hundreds of different controls to make sure your design is compltely unique.

After i graduate this yaer .MARCH 28th !!!! i am going to take a few classes as a comunity college this summer and take the fall off, and start in the winter term at MSU Ag tech. This is my career and i cant wait to get things rolling with setting up crews and buying another truck. Hopefully the truck at the end of the year. A 1 ton f-350 to f-550 dump. or dump incert.

Sorry for not getting back in so long i just tore out a 12x18 patio, have to power wash all pavers, re level and grade, and then lay back in. Also i've been doing some side mulch jobs but not huge jobs, im hoping to get rolling on the big job as soon as summer starts. They are moving into thehouseJune 15th and i hope to have the project done by then. I have a plumber coming for the backflow installation and tap into the water this tuesday and the materials are ordered and delievered May 25th and sod May 28th. Figuring the irrigation zones right now on a cad program to be most efficent.

How is business going with you?

Insured and Licensed
Old 05-02-2010, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

wow man that's great, my school offers cad also but I took business classes instead and few computer graphics classes... signed 5 more residential customers and bidding on a car dealership this up coming week. Its going really well in my mind, up to 34 customers I believe or 37 can't remember, when I bill ill know for sure. Id like to be at about 50 customers by the end of this year and next year be at a solid 65 and keep that number or maybe few more till my junior year of college. Or if I grow bigger than that just hire a full time worker(s) for when I'm at my classes.

I graduate may 14th and that day can't get here sooner lol... this upcoming week is senior week so its just a week of wasting time till next week of exams. Its pouring the rain past two days which is great but I hope it stops tonight so it doesn't push me behind again, last week I got 2 days behind and my part time guy and I busted a$$getting them done one day after school, if I gret behind like I did ill probably skip the end of my day at school to start work early.

How many days outta the week do you mow? Also, how did quickbooks do? I have to do all invoicing today fun but time consuming... fun part about paperwork is seeing all the $$$$$$ that'll be coming in, if people pay and pay on time
Posted via Mobile Device