Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

thats what i thought. i have just never seen one with the front down and im a little confused on how it works. I thought the whole side panel above the controls came down also.

so in order to load this you have to have a good size machine? my mini skid wont do sh it right?
Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm wrong, its adjustable, probably goes lower than 4 feet.we put it right at gate level at the dump or we load with the skidloader.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

actually It depends on the application. If you are blowing a hillside wide open and it is a little bit more forgiving you can load over the side with a machine. For more intricate work we load by hand, you can control the loevel of mulch going in and it comes out of the hose more evenly. It is a team effort to run one effeciently. The side does not fold down. The front is like a chute. Thats where the conveor chain starts. same concept as a vbox salt spreader.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

thats stupid, i wan tto be able to load it to the brim and then run it....load it to the brim.....run it. I dont want to pay some one to stand in the truck just loading all day. Nor do i want to make some one hand load 10 yards of mulch per hour. The big trucks get loaded at one time and then go blow it.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

big trucks have different controls. they can control deck speed engine speed from there remote. the 302 you can not. Its up to the operator, to have it go smooth, you can load from the side, but it comes out in clumps sometimes and is more mess to clean up and more dust. Just have to know how to run one, takes time, guaranteed to clog up on any new operator. Salesman will tell you that when you buy it. Bigger machines have dust control also.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I rent mine out all the time, only to people I know and trust. they all love and rave about it when they bring it back. Thats the hard part getting it back!!
Old 04-19-2010, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

so the 302 the deck is on or off no meter for speed? what do you control wit hthe remote then?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can control the speed of the deck. the deck control is on the machine itself. Has a dial on the one hydraulic motor. The remote turns the material on and off and controls the engine speed which is how you control the amount of air flow. Too much air not enough material=dusty and takes too long. Too much material and not enough air'=clogs and a pain in the butt to unclog. Have to find the happy medium. thats why the operator is important. The bigger units have all the controlss on the remote ie....deck speed engine speed.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Member

The 302 we have has an adjustable deck/chain speed, it's a silver knob that controls the hydraulic flow near the on/off buttons for the chain; the label is below it on the fender not really even close to the knob.

As for the loading chute, the mulch will sit on it, so you need to occasionally push it down onto the chain or the chain will not grab it.

The remote controls engine RPM and material flow,either start or stop. One oddity is that after you turn the machine on, sync the remote, you need to start the flow with the controls on the machine first, the remote won't start the material flow on the first run.

- Dan
Old 04-19-2010, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
Where are you in RI?
Just down the road from you in Cumberland...