Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-18-2010, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dealing with local company -no thx

I've had a lot of feedback about dealing with a local company is much better, if you help their business locally, they will help yours. I understand that and even got business out of it. But the prices are ridiculous!

The lady that does the hats and t-shirts charged me 466$ for 2 hats (embroided) and 6 t-shirts with the logo on the front and back side.

Way overprice, I need to go talk with her again because the prices makes no sens at all.

The guy who does my business cards charged me 175$ for 1000 cards. I checked vista print and order 1000 for 40$ (with shipping). Of course they are not as good as the ones at 175$, but i'm sure it wouldn't be so expensive to make them as nice as the other ones.
Complete lawn care services
Old 04-18-2010, 11:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw the thread you were talking about. I'm all for supporting local companies too. However, I'll be supporting a different local company than my printing company.

Asked for a quote on 5000 4x6 postcards, my design, color front, black back. $650.

I'll support my local mom and pop restaurant, or perhaps a local hardware store, but these guys aren't getting my money for this particular order.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

ya the one printshop online that had very good pricing really messed my ordeer up. 1st was doorhangers they were supossed to have them in by March 1 didnt get them til March 26. I had a special on them if contract signed by April 1 so that wouldnt work. then second they printed biz cards for me and spelled words wrong, i gave them one that i had just to get it copyed, no changes just print and they got it wrong.

join us on FACEBOOK www.facebook.com/ClarkLawnMaint
Old 04-19-2010, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

That sounds pretty high to me. My local silk screen company just did an order for me which was 6 long sleeve pocket tees, and 6 short sleeve pocket tees full color logo front, and back, and total cost was just under $ 200.00. I also get all of my embroidered items... hat's, polo's etc. from queensboro.com
they do excellent work, and are very reasonable they also only require a min. of 4 items, and will let you mix, and match.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:48 AM
LawnSite Member

wow those prices seem really high. our local guy just did 24 orange tshirts with small front logo and full back ( single color screen print) for 198.00 ...IMO go with the screen print instead of embroidered, use the money somewhere more benficiial
Old 04-22-2010, 02:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Care to share a website for your local company that printed your shirts? That seems like a great price to me and I happen to be in the market for ordering some.
14x7 landscaping trailer
12x6 P&T hydro dump trailer w/leaf box
We run Gravely ZTRs, Honda 21"s, Kawasaki trimmers, Redmax Backpacks, LittleWonder loader
Old 04-22-2010, 09:05 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyZP View Post
wow those prices seem really high. our local guy just did 24 orange tshirts with small front logo and full back ( single color screen print) for 198.00 ...IMO go with the screen print instead of embroidered, use the money somewhere more benficiial
It was screen printed, and she said the ink templates where the most expensive, once they are paid, they are paid for good, but still so expensive.

but 24 t shirts for 200, that's amazing, I wish we had some good local t shirts company as you here.
Complete lawn care services
Old 12-14-2010, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

yall pay way to much. I got my 25 shirts for $150. One color and front only
Old 12-14-2010, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Say the hats were $33 a piece (way too much already!), that's $66 for each shirt! Are you kidding me?!? Where I shop (I enjoy nice clothes, I shop at Macy's, Hollister, Abercrombie, etc., I'm not a cheap a$$ when it comes to cleaning up and looking good after work) those are prices I will NOT pay for.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowHouston View Post
I saw the thread you were talking about. I'm all for supporting local companies too. However, I'll be supporting a different local company than my printing company.

Asked for a quote on 5000 4x6 postcards, my design, color front, black back. $650.

I'll support my local mom and pop restaurant, or perhaps a local hardware store, but these guys aren't getting my money for this particular order.
go to: www.docucopies.com

I do 1/4 page postcard fliers four per page on cardstock + cut and pay about $180 for 4000 back is white so I can mail em' if I wanna
Attached Images

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape